Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Do you like this push? Nearly 550bb pot

I figured I was up against trips and was figuring/hoping guy behind would call. I've been thinking about this hand a lot though and wondering how others would play it and if you feel its correct to push. Obviously if I know guy behind is calling it is but I just wanted to get opinions on this hand and how others feel is best to play it.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $46.90
BB: $62.80
UTG: $105.55
MP: $20.00
Hero (CO): $107.25
BTN: $147.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $11.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $60.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $105.25</font>, BTN calls $94.25

Turn: ($277.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($277.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $277.55 ($3 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$62.80)
BTN had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and LOST (-$107.25)
Hero had 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$167.30)
Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Do you like this push? Nearly 550bb pot

I play this the same way.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM

bet a little more on the flop($5.5-6). rest is standard
Old 07-12-2007, 05:07 PM

Don't include results w/ the hand.
This is standard, you have huge amounts of equity here.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM

Once the BB pushes, we no longer have any fold equity (Duh). Since our hand is such a strong drawing hand, wouldn't it be in our best interest to have the pot 3way if possible? Just as an example, our equity versus both hands is 42.5%, and we only need to be 33.3% in the main pot to breakeven. (The equity in the side pot if we shove and get called is gonna be pretty close to 50% with BTN's calling range of sets, two pairs, overpairs) If we shove and fold out BTN, our equity versus BB is 56.8%, only 6.8% over breakeven. Not to mention that TPTK is around the bottom of BB's shoving range there.

I think that from an equity standpoint it's clear that it's in our best interest to keep BTN in the hand, but just calling and then bricking the turn leaves us in a real weird spot with another buyin behind. I think this hand is a little more interesting than you guys are letting on.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the BB pushes, we no longer have any fold equity (Duh). Since our hand is such a strong drawing hand, wouldn't it be in our best interest to have the pot 3way if possible? Just as an example, our equity versus both hands is 42.5%, and we only need to be 33.3% in the main pot to breakeven. (The equity in the side pot if we shove and get called is gonna be pretty close to 50% with BTN's calling range of sets, two pairs, overpairs) If we shove and fold out BTN, our equity versus BB is 56.8%, only 6.8% over breakeven. Not to mention that TPTK is around the bottom of BB's shoving range there.

I think that from an equity standpoint it's clear that it's in our best interest to keep BTN in the hand, but just calling and then bricking the turn leaves us in a real weird spot with another buyin behind. I think this hand is a little more interesting than you guys are letting on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see any real hands he'd be willing to call the initial raise and my cold call with that he wouldn't call my push with. Plus if a flush hits on the turn he could possibly get away from his hand. I think calling is wrong.

Sorry for posting results in my op.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 AM

very standard, you have so many outs.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 AM

Whose the idiot shoving with AQ in that spot with just TPTK? lol is he retarded or what?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 AM

lmao i know to a bet and raise...donk
Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 AM

Easy fold to a 3bet.

In this particular hand, you were lucky that the BB was ready to stack off on AQ. Usually its not the case and while one of the villains has a set, the other one has another flush draw. This effectively reduces your outs to 13. Now its fair to assume that with T high, you are dominated by a higher flush and you only have clean 6 outs. Being against a potential full house, it leaves us with only 4. Man, you are in a lot of trouble [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You dont really have much more than 15-20% equity here. Again, just lucky that BB had AQ no clubs.

Small combo draws are very deceiving multiway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]