Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: what do you think of this ruling? (B&M donkament)

[ QUOTE ]
i play mostly at blue lake, but i go to cher-ae-heights maybe once a week. who's your brother?

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is Brook, haven't seen him in a while but I'm assuming he still has his long hair and beard. Kinda stocky, he plays in there usually when he's not working, if he's playing he'll usually have some booze around him.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the forward moving button is really stupid in tournaments. Cher-Ae Heights is the only place I've ever seen it, and it's dumb.

And you should pay the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play at Cher-Ae Heights often? My brother is one of the dealer's there, and I'm pretty sure he agrees that the rule is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-relocated to the area and played there for the 3rd time in seven years last week (was semi-reg. before 2000). Blue Lake and Bear River rooms weren't around when I lived here before. I'll be at Char-Ae for tonight's rebuyament.

I don't mind the forward moving button rule for cash games (except for the 1/2 blind 5 to come in 200 max game at Char-Ae when they don't allow blind chops). If I ran the room (something I have zero experience doing fwiw), I'd dispense with the $5 bring in in the 1/2 game (or make it a $200-$500 buy in game, but I don't think that would be popular with the regulars) and go to a dead button rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i think my brother said that they've tried to do that in the past but it didn't fly. That game gets pretty good though. I love that rebuyament though.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, my mistake. it was small, big, big.

but i didn't want this thread to be about the dead button rule. my question is about having to pay the blind even though the hand was over, all the cards were mucked, and it was the dealer's mistake not to tell me to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a tournament game I don't see how you can be penalized this hand. You might be required to post a trailing "make up" blind next hand. After all in this hand the opening raiser acted looking at the blinds posted, not the blinds that should be posted. How can he get your blind too after the fact (especially when any player could have pointed out the mistake before the hand)?

In a ring game it's usually just ruled as "your lucky day" and you get to skip one blind that round (although sometimes you might be required to post a trailing blind next hand).

I guess I'm saying I'm not 100% sure here but these are the things that would enter my thinking.

~ Rick