Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

I know usemybank isn't an e-wallet but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Has anybody used this processor recently? I decide to throw a modest starting bankroll on Party for STT grinding and was pleased to still see usemybank as a deposit option. However the process has changed since I last used it. I was prompted to enter my phone number, after which I'm supposed to receive a phone call from an automated system asking for a confirmation number (provided onscreen). So I sit and stare at the webpage telling me 'we are dialing xxx-xxxxxxx...' and I never get the call. Anyone else have better success with this?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know usemybank isn't an e-wallet but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Has anybody used this processor recently? I decide to throw a modest starting bankroll on Party for STT grinding and was pleased to still see usemybank as a deposit option. However the process has changed since I last used it. I was prompted to enter my phone number, after which I'm supposed to receive a phone call from an automated system asking for a confirmation number (provided onscreen). So I sit and stare at the webpage telling me 'we are dialing xxx-xxxxxxx...' and I never get the call. Anyone else have better success with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to contact the founders on that one? I got their business cards with contact info. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (thinly vailed brag)
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Want to contact the founders on that one? I got their business cards with contact info. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (thinly vailed brag)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very thin [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. That's alright, after talking to their customer support agent last night I've decided I don't want to give them any business. It really pisses me off when companies hire people to answer the phone without equipping them with what they need to effectively solve problems.

I've been meaning to load up the prepaid mastercard anyway...
Old 06-16-2007, 02:21 AM

Pokerplex just added click2pay
Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Adding Poker Plex to C2P, that's it for changes...let me know if I missed any from the last few pages, or if anyone has anything new.

Moneybookers - AP (NOT VP247), b2b, Betfair, Boss (some), Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), Everest, FT, iPoker (some), Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Party, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Crypto (IP, Sun & Poker Plex only), Everest, FT, iPoker (some), Microgaming (some), OnGame (NOT Eurobet, Europoker), Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), GamesGrid, FT, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB
Instadebit - AP, iPoker, Mansion, Pacific (deposit only?), TruePoker, UB, WSEX
EcoCard - Dobrosoft (FCP, Wingows), iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some), OnGame (Eurobet), Poker4Ever
ATMOnline - Dobrosoft (Poker World), UB
ewalletxpress - Bugsy's Club, Dobrosoft (FCP)
No eWallet - Crypto (Betsafe, Totalbet, UK Betting, Will Hill), Poker Champs

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Crypto, Dobrosoft, Everest, FT, GamesGrid, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Party, Poker.com, Poker Champs, Poker4Ever, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

<u>Moneybookers</u>

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), International Bank Transfer ($2.40 fee) - your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 17,000 Euro with verification steps.

<u>Click2Pay</u>

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: Bank Wire (NOT transfer), CC (3% fee) - you don't actually fund the account with your CC prior to making a deposit at a poker site. If you have no funds in your account when you make a deposit at a poker site, they then take it from your CC.
Withdrawal Options: Cheque (Issued in Euros, $2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, 2% fee on withdrawals min $3 max $15)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...not specified how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. There are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

<u>ePassporte</u>

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee

<u>Instadebit</u>

Currency Available: Can &amp; US $ together - If you transfer from a site in either currency, it will be kept in the same currency in your Instadebit account until you tranfer back to your bank account; this can result in two balances, one in each currency.
Funding Options: Instadebit account is only funded by making transfers from a site back to Instadebit; Initial transfer will be made directly from the linked bank account to the site, and subsequent transfers come from the Instadebit account, unless there is not enough funds, in which case the funds come directly from the linked account again.
Withdrawal Options: EFT, no fees.
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: $500/transaction, $500/day, $500/7-day period, $2,500/30-day period; These limits are reviewed on a regular basis and may be increased automatically based on your transaction activity.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:28 PM

Instadebit is an option on battlefield poker (microgaming)
Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM

So today I attempted to send a wire to Moneybookers via Bank of Montreal. It turned out to be their first day with a new automated system and was a giant headache. They couldn't even find Commerzbank to send the money to, so I'm not very confident the wire is even going to go through. :P

Trip report to follow, hopefully a short and successful one.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PC Financial is fairly popular because it's free everything. but they go through CIBC, so moneybookers will not be able to send you money (i tried).

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried too, no go.

I think it would be worth my while to open a new bank account just to receive cash from Moneybookers, and then to divert these funds into my PC bank account... so I have a couple questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. Can anyone recommend a bank that would be good to use (ie. bare-bones, no fees, accepts bank wires from Moneybookers) for this purpose?

2. Since this thread is full of Canadians, I'll ask here. Is it generally easy to deposit at poker sites with a (non-RBC) VISA credit card? Which VISAs are easiest/fastest to get approved for?

Thanks so much in advance
Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PC Financial is fairly popular because it's free everything. but they go through CIBC, so moneybookers will not be able to send you money (i tried).

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried too, no go.

I think it would be worth my while to open a new bank account just to receive cash from Moneybookers, and then to divert these funds into my PC bank account...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of their No Fee and Interest Plus Savings accounts too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried too, no go.

I think it would be worth my while to open a new bank account just to receive cash from Moneybookers, and then to divert these funds into my PC bank account... so I have a couple questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. Can anyone recommend a bank that would be good to use (ie. bare-bones, no fees, accepts bank wires from Moneybookers) for this purpose?

2. Since this thread is full of Canadians, I'll ask here. Is it generally easy to deposit at poker sites with a (non-RBC) VISA credit card? Which VISAs are easiest/fastest to get approved for?

Thanks so much in advance

[/ QUOTE ]
citizensbank.ca

i've successfully wired money from MB into my ultimate SAVINGS account (that's right, it doesn't have to be chequings).

incoming fee was $5. i got exchange - 2%.