Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Default (Xpost from HSNL) Poker Trip 1/1-1/9 where to go?

It turns out I'll have some free time from Jan 1 - Jan 9 to travel. I just came back from a 'business'/drinking trip that involved no poker, so this time I want to play. The most profitable thing to do would probably be to stay at home and grind it out on the net, but that's not very fun.

I'm looking for:

- Cash games around the 10-20 (NL) level. I wouldn't feel too comfortable playing higher, but theoretically can afford it, especially live.
- Reliable Internet
- Fun people to hang out with, as I'll be travelling alone

Also if anyone can give me some ideas how to get Internet bucks to cash pronto, that would be much appreciated. I have an account at pretty much all the major sites, not sure about transfer limits and what not. Right now I have 10K, *maybe* 20, which is a little thin for 10/20.

I don't particularly care for tournaments, but blah blah good side games blah blah. Right now I'm considering:

- Ozzie millions
- Vegas
- L.A.
- Atlantis (is there any action before the tourneys start?)

I tried the Atlantis site and it appears impossible to get a room. Is there any other accommodation I could try? I understand Commerce has good games, but is there more to do than poker and the standard debauchery? Especially since I have no driver's license? Any other location I might overlook?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (Xpost from HSNL) Poker Trip 1/1-1/9 where to go?

[ QUOTE ]
I understand Commerce has good games, but is there more to do than poker and the standard debauchery? Especially since I have no driver's license?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fit right in with the typical L.A. driver.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Poker Trip 1/1-1/9 where to go?

No x-posting please. We will let this one slide since it really belongs here rather than HSNL.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Poker Trip 1/1-1/9 where to go?

if you can get a room tunica is a good option too. this will be my first time there in january but all accounts are the side game action is crazy, probably better than in vegas or la? definitely better if you like plo.