Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

i am being coached by fees. i have received 22 lessons, mostly sweating 1 hour long sessions over skype and hh review/discussion. the coaching has caused me to progress from a break even or 1PTBB/100 winner at 50NL to a 7PTBB/100 winner at 200NL (recently moved up to 400NL). i would recommend fees to anyone who is serious about the game; his approach to the game is logical and intuitive and he can teach you how to exploit any type of player and beat any SSNL or MSNL game.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am being coached by fees. i have received 22 lessons, mostly sweating 1 hour long sessions over skype and hh review/discussion. the coaching has caused me to progress from a break even or 1PTBB/100 winner at 50NL to a 7PTBB/100 winner at 200NL (recently moved up to 400NL). i would recommend fees to anyone who is serious about the game; his approach to the game is logical and intuitive and he can teach you how to exploit any type of player and beat any SSNL or MSNL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cost?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

varies according to what stakes you are playing, PM him for info.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eg. i'm doing afew sessions with seabeast because he knows the 2/4 party game/regs better than anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does he charge?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 AM

I would recommend evg, I have never been coached by him but we have discussed hands on aim many times and hes very insightful. No doubt he can help alot of players get better.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I received coaching from 2+2 member GSykes
He didn't charge anything but staked me on a std stake.
We discuss poker a lot and he sweat my game using Ventrilo and MSN.
Sweating
I liked the fact that he was available almost all the time and that I could give him HH's at any point and he would give me insight.
I'd definitely recommend him to other 2+2ers who struggles in the uNL.

I don't know what more to say other than he is a great coach, if you have any questions just PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much everything is spot on.

I offer a private forum, voice chat that I am on pretty close to 24/7.

I didn't charge him but I d oget a % as I staked him.

Basically my rate is $25 an hour get 5 sessions 1 is free. I also looking for players playing <100nl
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM

So other people like sweating? I'm the only one who finds it to be a low-bandwidth medium?

Also, how many people have sweated their coach?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use UltraVNC for sweating and I've found that it works flawlessly. It's actually a remote control software but you can set the server component to a 'View Only' mode. What's more is you can set it up to use Java and display everything in a web browser which means there's no software installation necessary for someone to sweat you. I don't have problems with lag at all, but consider that I run a quad core with 2GB ram so I highly doubt anything would lag much for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

RealVNC is another option as well. Using it with low resolution colors is very good.

As for coaching, I actually wanted help for MSNL and got coaching from Xaston for playing 400NL 6-max and higher. He is very good and communicates quite well. I primarily wanted to learn some theory and how to apply them to specific situations, so we did a combination him sweating and discussing hands. He charges 50$/hr and the rate might have gone up now.

Regarding Xaston, He FTd Sunday million and has some big cashes including WSOP ME deep cash (placed ~50, I think). I have seen his PT stats for 400NL 6-max and he is >4PTBB winner over >100K hands at that level.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eg. i'm doing afew sessions with seabeast because he knows the 2/4 party game/regs better than anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does he charge?

[/ QUOTE ]

200/hour. awesome value imo
Old 10-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Why doesn't 2+2 management allow coaching advertisement?
Closed Thread