Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Default KTo from BB

No reads.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

The call may be close but I decided to do it.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I decide to try and bet the flop. Getting raised I decide to call and see. When the action gets heavy I call and hope for a Ten.

Turn: (13.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I made my two pair and throw my chips into the pot.

River: (27.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

The Ace really worries me but the pot has become so big that I think I have to call.

Final Pot: 35.50 BB

After reviewing the hand I'm absolutely not sure if I played it right. Maybe I shouldn't have bet the flop or capped the turn. I would thank you for any advice.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: KTo from BB

Check raise the flop. Button is the most likely aggressor and it'll give you a good opportunity to protect. As played, calling the raise and the cap are fine.

By the time the turn comes, it looks increasingly likely that someone has a set. But worse two pair or overplayed FD or SD are not out of the question, or even a strong king (especially from button). At this level, I'm guessing people are pretty moronic. Plus there's all this dead money from SB... so getting aggressive here yourself is the way to go. I'm good with the turn donk... I think a c/r would have worked well here as well. I think the cap is spew, though.

As played -- why in the world would you check the river? This is very MUBSY.

By the way, where did button go on the river? Was he all-in on the turn?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

I fold preflop because I don't like to play such a potentially dominated hand OOP.

The play on the flop illustrates this; you're almost forced to throw in 4 bets while you may be drawing to 3 outs or could be drawing dead. I'd still just call down.

You hit the turn, so now at least there's a chance you have the best hand. It's still quite likely UTG or button has a set though.

I think I'm folding the river since I believe at least sone person has to have a better hand. Maybe this can still be a winner at .1/.2, but I don't see it.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM

Button raised on the river.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 AM

There is no conceivable hand that you are ahead of on river. It is possible that button is overplaying a big pair on flop and turn, or that he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but UTG is playing like he's flopped a monster (i.e. set). In other words, your turn cap is pretty bad. I'm not sure which is worse though--capping turn or calling river. Both pretty bad.

edit: oh yeah button could have KK too.

OP, you should use the search function with these criteria: +hand +reading -Re:
Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop because I don't like to play such a potentially dominated hand OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. KTo multiway in a raised pot is teh suck.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM

1) Check-raise flop
2) Fold to flop cap
3) Don't donk the turn
4) Fold to turn cap
5) Fold to the river raise
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, you are in the BB getting 7:1 immediate and likly 8 or 9:1. It doesn't suck that much.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

situation for you: utg raises. 7 people cold call. you have KTo in the BB. are you folding?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Check-raise flop
2) Fold to flop cap
3) Don't donk the turn
4) Fold to turn cap
5) Fold to the river raise

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't wait til sites employ a feature so I can simultaneously cap the turn and fold to that cap (for metagame purposes obv). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]