Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2nl QQ in BB

not if you can get away from kk after a scary flop...i heard you don't have to play it to the river
Old 08-22-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But when your 3rd to act shouldn't you realize that your giveig oppurtunity for a lot of people to join the pot. I mean in this limit with KK AA QQ don't you want less people because of hands like J7s and 89o that people have no problem limping in big pots to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of limping in 3rd is for the opportunity to make a 3 bet when someone else raises light. If you have a maniac on your left who raises often, then this is a good play. I promise, in live poker, you make it $12 to $20 and you're getting more than one call most of the time.

If the limp reraise doesn't work, then you most of the time just have to dump your hand to any significant action on a mw flop. Your goal isn't to see a mw flop, it's to be able to iso w/ a 3 bet.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:54 PM

There was a post made by Grunch a year ago in SSNL, in regards of how to interpret a limp RR situation.

Anyone who has any doubt about these types of situations should check it out Limp + RR = tarp
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Limp re-raise UTG is pretty clearly a big pair and sometimes AK. This is a bit different. I think Mr. KK was pretty crafty here. That 3rd limp, little re-raise is very often something much weaker. A pair of 9s, a middle suited connector, etc. You don't see that sort of deep limping (I believe that's the term from NLTAP) at a game where it is much more likely to be limped around. I think that was a really nicely executed trap. All of that said, there's no way you're getting away from QQ. Don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to fold QQ for 40BB preflop in an already big pot. It just isn't time well spent.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 AM

I think you could have raised a lot more preflop. Having said that, you committed when you raised. So, you aren't going anywhere now. You should go ahead and put the rest in.

If its a "normal" live game that features big preflop raises I think you could have made a bigger raise preflop.