Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: I don\'t believe it\'s possible.

IBFL
Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM

For like two sentences I thought this might be about multitabling TAGs or bots taking over. Please, fill the stars 5/10 with these types of tables so I can quit my job.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Old 08-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Thanks for the kind words Nick D and Aussie. In the past when I took bad beats I really tried my best to play the same way the next hand but I guess the question I would like an answer to is what was the longest run of bad cards anyone ever experienced? I don't bluff unless the situation is right and I respect check-raises if they are from an opponent I've seen use it effectively. I've just been experiencing so many suckouts lately that I find it hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:44 AM

I have built up a bankroll 3 times so far from $50 deposit, withdrawing 1k, starting at $12 withdrawing 600 and now starting again from $5 currently up to $65 dollars. 800 dollars of that withdrawal money was bonus money I took out but micro limit poker is actually a pretty decent return of investment. The key for me is bailing out and starting again when I lose half my profits at a higher level, cause there is nothing worse than spending months building a bankroll only to lose it in a tenth of the time at a much higher level.

This is likely not much profit for many of course but during the 120k hands I have played I have had 3 downswings of 300 -400 bb and 2 upswings of 600+ bb.

I just recently lost 75bb in one session losing on the river to 5:1 long shots or greater 15 times in a row.

Variance is, finally after 100k hands, something I am STARTING to care less about than ever before.

I will probably care again if the variance swing gets to 600 bb, then I might look at variation in my play to determine if there is a problem but all in all its just a matter of patience.

As far as when to move up, I used two different techniques in the past, both ridiculed by many but very successful for me nevertheless.

One was the monthly profit situation where I went up in levels with winnings from that month only and then dropped down again when profits were halved.

That pretty well requires good table selection and one tabling to be successful.

The other method is what I called the pyramid bankroll structure which is documented somewhere on these boards from the past, a variation of the 15 bb challenge.

Currently I am playing another variation when moving up by multitabling at levels where I have 200 -300 bb and single tabling at the higher lvls using table selection when I have 150 bb at that new level.

I drop below the 150 and I go back to multitabling with the 300 bb bankroll.

Despite the increase in variance with 6 max, I have found this to be the most successful way to increase my limits to date.

Like Aussie I am a low risk gambler currently (being on a pension and having previously lost $250k in the stock market in one day) so I like the stability and the challenge of improving my skills without losing my work and profit to variance or being outplayed when I go up outside of my skill set.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 AM

Meh. Save the Micros.

If you can't see why you want people trying to hit 4 or less outers against you maybe you should take up knitting. My sister has a blog you could read.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 AM

Aussies hints are again right on, but he forgot to mention the most important skill in poker: Patience.

What smurph said is very true, I also experienced two 150BB downswings, but also two upswings of 300BB. They come unannounced, all of a sudden you are winning every single hand.

Just keep to your course, worse players are good for you by definition.