Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM

Default AJs

UTG is very loose and agressive.
MP1 is unknown.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: (10 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

In position i would've 3bet. Figured i'd just call here.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I still felt pretty good about my hand, MP1 probably has an A, but i wasn't keen on 3betting. Maybe i should have. Then UTG 3pops the flop. I call.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Hero pukes...

I didn't think MP1 has a straight, unless he raises with a KT gs. I don't think he has JJ or QJ either, cuz he raises the flop. If he had AQ, i think he would've made more action earlier. I was thinking he has AJ. Plausible ? Not sure.

And if i was to call this one, am i going to make a laydown if UTG 3bets ?

/Riku
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: AJs

I think MP1 has QJ. MP1 did raise the flop accoriding to your action, prob to isolate the LAG.

I'd at least call, and think about 3 betting - depends if i think the LAG would make a horrendous call with AK or the like.

I would lean towards calling though.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:03 PM

I 3-bet pre flop given your read. As played I lead the flop and I'm never folding the river. Playing with lags can be high variance.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Riku, did you intend to c/r on the flop? If you did, then you obv. changed your mind when it was raised before you. If you didnt, then calling twice later on on the flop seems undecisive. What was your plan?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM

If UTG is that crazy, I'd donk the flop and let him try to force MP1 out.

I show this down. I can't think of anything that MP1 has that beats us here unless he got out of line with KT, has the case JJ, or is pulling a bad slowplay. And if I call two, I'm definitely not folding for one more if UTG raises again.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:25 PM

Yeah, i was going to check raise. But i think a donk bet would've been a good way to go. If UTG raises, it could drive off MP1.

Just because i call, doesn't make it undecisive by any means. I wanted to go to showdown as cheap as possible.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM

Anyone think it's possible for MP1 to have AQ? I know we'd expect him to raise the turn but I see people missing value bets constantly at these limits by checking and hoping to 3-bet or some other crap they think is really tricky. Also, somehow there are plenty of players weak enough to actually play AQ here slowly in fear of trips.

either way, not too likely, but one more thing that might be running through my head as I called. (even if UTG 3bet).

I'd fear the cap from MP1 though, but I guess you'd have to call with the odds?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think it's possible for MP1 to have AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's what I thought of also. An unknown can be loose enough to coldcall with this and bad enough for FPS. One of them is gonna show down AQ LDO.

But I think the usual "the pot is to big" applies, I couldn't fold two pair here. That UTG is aggro doesn't neccesarily mean he's bluffing, I'd call his 3bet anyways.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM

MP1 has AJ for the chop
Old 08-17-2007, 05:44 PM

What do u know of UTG's pf play? Can he hold like A3s or something? I like the CR line on the flop. I think we should 3-bet the flop. MP1 cold-called pf, so AK is less likely. But depends on how laggy UTG really is. I would def. call the river.