Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 AM

Default KQ - steal blinds

15.87/9.17/4.56 - 700 hands

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">7 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

<ul type="square">do u cap with KQ when u steal blinds?[/list]Flop: (8.0 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">here i dont make 3bet cus i wanna keep all lower pocet pairs in game (again LAG i play the same).

(again passive player i would just make 3bet and lead turn)[/list]Turn: (6.0 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.0 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

<ul type="square">here i dont wanna villian check behind[/list]Final Pot: 10.0 BB

Do u play it the same?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: KQ - steal blinds

Preflop I don't cap KQo heads up.
If you don't 3-bet the flop then please raise the turn.
Turn c/c is awful from my point of view.
River bet is ok.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:19 AM

-grunch-

pf- dont cap
flop- i like
turn- the reason we didnot 3 bet flop is to raise here. raise!
river - good
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't 3-bet the flop then please raise the turn.
Turn c/c is awful from my point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most important part imo. I don't care that he's tightish, even tight players randomly go insane in blind battles.

If you think he will fold a pair when you 3bet this flop then you should start bluffing him a lot when it goes HU.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Had you been stealing a lot? Pre-flop capping is not very good here, especially if this guy had been a tenacious Defender of his blinds.

Realize that a sane person isn't going to go crazy twice on a KKx board without a K or a read that you are an idiot so you are better off getting agro on the turn for all your worth and hope he come along.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 AM

ok so now i know that cap is wrong when i steal (i didnt have this situation earlier so i play it intuitive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

ok so at flop i should make 3 bet cus i cant make so often c/r at turn cus villian can check behind

when he cap flop then i just call down or i try c/r turn ?
(only card i afraid is AK cus he wouldent 3bet with K8s)
Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 AM

In a SH game there is plenty of villains where capping preflop has merit.

the good thing about a preflop cap is that you can rep the A on Axx flops and fold lower pp's. Basically when you cap Kx you have two good cards that can drop on the flop for you. A's and K's.

In a small stakes FR game I doubt that there is much reason to cap preflop tho. Just wanted to say that capping is not necessarily bad.

As played I think you are srewing up postflop big time. ITS A BLIND BATTLE AND NO ONE GIVES ANYONE ANY CREDIT IN A BLIND BATTLE!! You really need to jam that hand. Dont play fancy, just jam jam jam!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 AM

I like check raising the turn.

Edit: As far as preflop is concerned. If you are in this situation with this player a lot, capping has some merit. I tend to cap more from the button with this hand, than from the SB. Remember, position is everything.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ok so at flop i should make 3 bet cus i cant make so often c/r at turn cus villian can check behind

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the thinking on the flop in your OP, villain is aggressive. But this is only to induce a bet on the expensive street, where you will checkraise/cap for value.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM

I think u should 3-bet the flop. This hand has become personal so he won't fold many hands. The other option is to CR the turn but I think that's worse because it tends to kill the action.