Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: UB won\'t allow my cashout until I \"play more\"

UB probably paid about a 3% fee on the 800, so roughly $24

Regardless though they should not hold your money hostage. They understand there will be those people who deposit and withdraw without playing and frown on it obviously, due to the fees, however they need to state in their T&C's that they can hold your funds until you play a certain amount or they should not hold your funds.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 AM

I had the same problem a year ago. I deposited for the bonus with the intention of clearing it, but not for a couple weeks. They denied my withdraw so I asked them to cancel the bonus and give me my monies back. It was taken care of within two days.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 AM

wtf?

the last two responses in here seem out of whack.

My Cliff's notes timeline:

a) customer is lured to play on site by the advertisement of a big deposit bonus.

b) customer deposits

c) customer discovers that site has insufficient players for his games to run reguarly

d) customer decides to withdraw

e) site refuses to allow withdrawal.

obviously customer has no claim on any deposit bonus, but equally obviously, the customer has a right to his money.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Every time I start to think about putting a few bucks on UB to play, I just come to this forum and look for the complaints. I haven't had money on UB in almost 2 years, and probably won't ever play there again.

There is no reason why they should be keeping your money. If they want to take away your bonus then fine, but keeping your money hostage is just ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 AM

"They get charged a good amount of money for you to make that deposit of $800...you owe it to them in rake before they will justify giving it back to you!"

Sure, but I've played hundreds of hours there (all limit holdem) since opening my account in 2003. The thing that bothers me most is all the talk of fraud. Also, the little amount I have played since this $800 deposit has generated $30.50 in MGR, so even for this time they aren't getting hit much if any.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:04 AM

"who deposits $800 without at least looking to see how many games are running?"

The bonuses and stack and never expire. I wanted to deposit during the reload bonus period. I never dreamed they wouldn't have 2/4 NL full ring ever going. Even Doyle's Room often has 4-6 games running at that level, and it's tiny compared to UB. And I probably would have played there in the future once I moved on to different games or stakes. I've played a lot there since 2003.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:08 AM

"Didn't they give you $200 in bonus money? That's the issue most likely."

It's there but it's uncleared. I just wanted my $800 deposit back.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 AM

This is just prudent risk management from UB. It's doubtful anything to do with bonus or processing fees, and more them coverint themselves against fraud. A large deposit followed by a withdrawal request after no, or very little play is very shady looking. True, it seems that they could communicate a bit better, but save yourself hassle and play some more and then cash out.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm pretty sure there's some small print when depositing for a bonus. You have to play a certain amount before you can withdraw and still keep the bonus money. I think that's reasonable. Obviously they should give you the $800 if you want it but you shouldn't be able to keep the bonus.

I'm not a huge fan of UB because the software is horrible when playing more than 3 tables but I do think their bonus program is the best out there so I deal with it and play. Rakeback, points for cash, and frequent reload bonuses make it tough to complain too much. Play a couple thousand hands of 1/2 or something, that should be good enough and won't take too long.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:51 AM

UB's software is bad? where else are you going to get 100 hands an hour per table? fast software is one of the reasons for playing at UB