Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Michigan +7 at Ohio State

Carl, I understand not betting this game

The real reason I think is that there is still some unknown about these teams since they demolished the wimpy big10 with ease this year. There is a shortage of tendencies of what these teams will do when it's on the line.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:34 PM

refer to the first half of the notre dame game, which at the time was a big game, sir...
Old 11-13-2006, 10:35 PM

DeezNuts,

Its at +7 on cascade or for anyone else who wanted that.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a shortage of tendencies of what these teams will do when it's on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say this favors ohio state. just based on the recent five year or so history of michigan teams when asked to do something clutch. also a reason for home field advantage being worth more possibly.

only reason i'll bet michigan is because i'll root for them and can get an ok number
Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, um hasn't played anyone to date with close to the talent level of tosu, but the Buckeyes have in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what?

I realize that you'll just brush aside any counters with "Bah, they don't have near the talent" but...

UM @ ND (currently ranked #5 in the BCS, has only 1 loss): 47-21 win

Wisc @ UM (currently ranked #9 in the BCS (10 and 11 in the main polls), has only 1 loss (but didn't play tOSU this year): 27-13 win

I think the line is anywhere from 5-7, so we're on the same page. Let's not get silly with the homerism about schedules, though.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 AM

OSU wins by double digit margin. Tressel never loses big games.
O-H-I-O
Old 11-14-2006, 12:33 AM

Does the horeshoe really provide a better than average homefield? I don't see it.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the horeshoe really provide a better than average homefield? I don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be absolutely wild there, but another thing to consider is that Michigan has won several big road games this year. The experience should help them.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much the line I expected a few weeks back. I like OSU at -6.5. If you like Michigan, the Money Line will be a much better value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cosign.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, um hasn't played anyone to date with close to the talent level of tosu, but the Buckeyes have in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what?

I realize that you'll just brush aside any counters with "Bah, they don't have near the talent" but...

UM @ ND (currently ranked #5 in the BCS, has only 1 loss): 47-21 win

Wisc @ UM (currently ranked #9 in the BCS (10 and 11 in the main polls), has only 1 loss (but didn't play tOSU this year): 27-13 win

I think the line is anywhere from 5-7, so we're on the same page. Let's not get silly with the homerism about schedules, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm being objective. Sure, UM winning at ND was impressive, and I rode the Domers hard when they played the service academies, but Notre Dame is one of the most overrated teams in the country. They've got stud skill players on offense, but their oline is average at best. Look what has happened when ND has played teams with good defenses (i.e. @G. Tech, UM, UCLA); they got completely shut down. Also, their lack of speed and athleticism on defense is very noticable, and their secondary is suxor.

Wisconsin has had a very good season. They have very physical lines on both sides of the ball. But look who they have beaten....not one top flight team. tOSU team speed >>> Wisconsin. UW took UM to the 4th quarter at the big house and they have no big time playmakers on offense.

Imo, neither ND or UW are one of the 10 best teams in the country.

tOSU has played at Texas, who is better than ND/UW. That was the biggest game in September, tix were selling for thousands of $$, the atmosphere was absolutely crazy, and tOSU went into Austin and handled their business in much easier fashion than most anticipated. UT's oline/dline is very comparable to UM's.

In terms of which teams schedule has them better prepared to win this game, the advantage goes to tOSU, imo.