Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Entourage 4/22

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people have been calling Entourage a "guilty pleasure" lately. I don't think it fits the definition, because it definitely is (or at least was) a legitimately great show. For those who think it's gotten bad and is therefore a "guilty pleasure", did you call Sopranos a guilty pleasure if and when you considered it bad (the first half of season 6 for example)?

I don't think the acting is bad. Ari and Drama are Best Supporting Actor worthy. Turtle is Turtle, he's intented to be a lame character and the actor plays it fine. I don't see the problem with E. As for Vince - it doesn't matter. A good comparison would be Seinfeld in Seinfeld. He wasn't a good actor, but it didn't matter. The greatness came from the supporting cast, with Jerry occasionally having his moments. He was the centerpiece of the show but he wasn't the reason the show was great.

The last few episodes of the first half of this season with Martin Landau were excellent, so I also don't agree that there's been an absolute decline. Yes, overall seasons 1 and 2 were better, but it was the same deal with Sopranos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Junt - stop comparing legitimately great shows to Entourage, and using that as the basis for some kind of argument.

If "The Wire" were mentioned in your post my head might have exploded.

Thanks.

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is something I don't like about the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like going to the urologist. I do not complain because it's too short.

[/ QUOTE ]

*resists urge to make penis joke*

[/ QUOTE ]

Or I could have said because his finger is to short. That would have been funnier.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:04 PM

I was watching some of the first episodes of Entourage several months ago and I was amazed at how unfunny the show was in season 1. Not sure why season 1 is consider a benchmark of quality. This show really hit its stride halfway through season 2 IMO and carried over into the start of season 3. Nothing special about any of the most recent episodes, but that doesn't surprise me, they have to build up the story line again because it would be a massive error to just jump right into every story and assume everyone who is now watching has seen every episode. Next sundays show has Chuck Liddell and Drama apparently going at it, which could be classic.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM

I think the first season is by far the funniest. "Hug it out bitch." Ari on Matterhorn: "It's Die Hard at Disneyland, what's not to love?" And about a million other awesome little one liners. The Script and the Sherpa, Busey and the Beach, and the Pilot are probably my three favorite episodes.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 PM

Billy Walsh made the 2nd/3rd seasons. "[censored] COMMERCE!"
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM

Forgive me if I missed this, but was I the only one expecting them to continue on with the whole "Sloan vs. E on the getaway" and "Vince and his boys go away" angle?

Not even a single peep of how either trip went on this week's episode.

Weird.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:11 AM

I definetly thought the E vs. Sloan thing would go on. But that's what I kind of like about the show as a whole -- it generally doesn't broad on most subplots for too long, which is why it can get away with being <half an hour long.

This show is my most favourite thing to watch since I don't know what. It's just the fact that it's pretty much a dream life for any 15-40 year old male. Just plain cool.

As for this ep... I'm actually enjoying the tension between Vince and Amanda, because it's giving me serious hope that Vince and E decide to go back to Ari. Ari is my role model.