Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Default New to OOT. Have custody of my nephews. LONG

Long time lurker. You all make the day go by much faster at work. Well now its my turn to share a story and maybe get some advice.

My sister has 3 boys ages 17, 15, and 12. She got into drugs and lost custody of her kids. They were in foster care while the courts decided who in our family could have them.

My wife and I really didn't want to do this we don't have kids and don't want kids, but I couldn't let them go to foster care. My younger sister has 3 kids of her own so she said she could take one but not all three. My mother couldn't get them because she believes in Spanking and told the Social worker that.

So My Wife and I get two of the the kids on June 26th 2006. The 12 and 17 year old. FYI this was suppose to be tempory (until there mother completed Drug rehab and counseling). There father wants nothing to do with them at all and hasn't since the youngest one was 2.

So The 12 year old has been nothing but trouble, but all little trouble, Not doing homework, fighting at school, not cleaning his room, always breaks things ( not on purpose) like my laptop, terrible grades. The older one does not get in any of those little problems. He does his homework, gets decent grades upper 70's low 80's. Does not skip school. He even played on the Highschool football team. But the first month he was with us we let him go to Buffalo for the weekend to visit friends he was staying at my younger sister's. He got arrested for throwing rocks in a major road with friends ( not little rocks either) We went through the whole you could have killed someone speech and everything. Almost a year later of no problems with him at all. He goes to buffalo again (which he had done many times over the year But this time he and his friends break into cars and steal stuff, gets arrested again! We let him spend 5 days in there before bailing him out to teach him a lesson. He is no longer allowed in Buffalo without us there.

Now Here is the issues, My sister was on here way to getting them back, she was doing great. Then a relapse, now she is back in rehab. My wife is going crazy and wants them out of our house. Even though I understand I find it way to hard to put them in foster care. My wife and I have now been arguging nonstop for a few weeks about this. We have both in counseling.

We have a court date on Dec. 14th. My mother is trying to petition for them again we will see how it goes. If they won't give them to her then I have a decision to make. Put my nephews in foster care or hope my wife will understand that I can't do that. ARGHHHHHH!!! What to do??? What to do???? Sorry for any typo's, Run on senteces, or missplled words. Typed this fast or didn't know how to spell it lol.