Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Official Microstakes Limit Stats Thread

welcome to the micros stats thread.

Im starting this thread for 2 main reasons, the second being more important than the first.
1. So that people dont have to start a new thread to ask people to comment on their stats
2. So that we will (hopefully) have a high quality thread which will allow readers to see stats and comments of others which makes it easier to see trends etc in the comments so the reader can relate them to their own stats. If this thread goes as i hope then it will actually reduce the number of stat posts as people who want to post stats will read this thread and not need to post their stats anymore.

The plan is that this thread will be able to be used as a decent reference for stats. Accordingly, I (and Wookie if he's so inclined) reserve the right to delete/edit crappy posts from it that do not add value. Also if someone makes a new stats thread I may choose to transfer the content (if I get to it before there are too many posts) to this thread and delete the new one. If I do this Ill obvoously Ill advise the OP.

Notes to anyone wanting to post their stats:
1. Be sure to make sure you have AT LEAST 10k hands in your stats. Posting screenshots of PokerTracker is recommended. Try any include whatever you feel necessary...look at previous posts in this thread as a guide. The MicroLimit FAQ contains useful info on stats. It is expected that you read this BEFORE you post any stats in this thread
2. Ideally each post will get their own 15 minutes of fame in this thread and to keep this thread readable, if someone else just posted their stats then consider waiting for the discussion of their stats to die down so that we dont have too many concurrent threads going in this thread.
3. Want to see other stat posts? Use 2+2 search engine to search for '+stat -Re', select 'Subject Only within microforum for last 2 years
4. Understand that stats are just numbers and you cant find all leaks by looking at them...this is why some people think stats posts are not that useful. They can be useful but understand that nothing beats actually getting involved in the forum and replying to strategy posts/hands. This forum helps people who helps themselves. i can tell you to play more hands in late position and to raise more preflop but unless you get involved in the forums you wont get any feedback on if you are picknig the right spots.
5. When you ask for comments on your stats you are likely to get some blunt comments. This is expected so try and take each comment based on its merit.

Notes to anyone who wants to comment on stats:
1. Im fully aware that some people dont like stats threads and that some say not to worry about stats but the reality is that there are posters who want stats threads so they do have a place in this forum so basically if you dont like stat posts then dont post in this thread
2. feel free to notify mods then direct people to this thread if they want their stats anaylsed

Well thats about it. Lets make this thread a quality one so that it serves as a great stats reference.

Ozi
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Offical Microstakes Limit Stats Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by OziBattler
Old 12-01-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Offical Microstakes Limit Stats Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by OziBattler
Old 12-01-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Offical Microstakes Limit Stats Thread

6 max stats to date having started playing 6 max in the middle of May after a few months off to regroup and study.

(Thought I would post the gambit of information I look at regularily.

Std deviation is 19.9 bb/100.

Running cold at 1/2 winning 6 to 7% less often with two pair and sets than the other levels which costs a lot of money usually.

Think I am very close to hiring a coach (or if one of the vets feels like taking on an old padawan) to get to the next level of development.

Been working on blind defense and steals. Could probably tighten up from UTG and Hijack and need a bit of help and practice with turn and river play 3 way.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Offical Microstakes Limit Stats Thread

whilst Im intending this to be primarily a full ring stats thread there definitely is value in seeing Smurfs stats and having some 6max stats in here. you arent as laggy as i thought at 6max btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

personally Im more familiar with FR stats so i wont comment on 6max ones most of the time
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Smurph64

I don't get the inconsistency with 1/2 6-max. I think you've said before the players there are better than at 2/4, but to me that's a little hard to believe.

Were those hands just a long downswing, or a learning experience, or what?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Smurph64

11k hands is too small of a sample for 71 bets either way to be a big deal really
Old 12-01-2007, 11:19 PM

FR my stats are very similar, less aggressive preflop.32% VPIP 14% PFR 2.0 AF 3 bb/100 after 120k hands or thereabouts.

I don't have the actual stats anymore just notes in my logs.
Haven't played many fr hands in 8 months. I think playing more hands in FR makes more sense since you have more passive bad players feeding the pot than you do 6 max. Don't think that is the typical philosophy. I do know my variation in fr was 23+bb/100 compared to the 20bb/100 in 6 max.

I would love to see other stats include their standard deviation because I think its a more instructive piece of information that I previously thought.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:52 AM

What is exactly standard deviation and how do you compute it ?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is exactly standard deviation and how do you compute it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

in layman's terms, SD tells you how close data points are in relation to the mean. The tighter (closer to the mean) the data set, the lower the SD. The more spread out (volatile) the data, the greater the SD.