Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Five Diamond Thread

whats the structure on the 2.5k events, is it 5k starting chips and how long levels etc
Old 11-29-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the structure on the 2.5k events, is it 5k starting chips and how long levels etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[ QUOTE ]
2 day, 10K starting chips, hour levels. Every event is 2 day, hour levels, starting chips = 2X buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM

oh whoops my bad
Old 11-29-2007, 03:33 PM

Just curious, when you were down to four handed. What did you have vs Jimmie (skinny kid who won it) on the I believe 35KK board where you checkraised him on the flop and turn. Also what did you think of his play overall, and how big of a douche is the old guy who finished 2nd?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 PM

I busted in my very first 21+ US tournament in the 50/100 level.

Had a poor starting table to start with Shannon Shorr and Thayer 2 and 4 seats behind me respectively, but a lot of live weaker players.

There were a whole bunch of uneventful hands, Thayer had a lot of semi-interesting big hands he got into and hes near the chiplead maybe.

I bustod on a 4600 or so effective stack with a overall tight, sorta aggro image (very nitty for me) by threebetting TT over a 300 opener to 925 and shoving over his fourbet to 2500 and lost a flip vs AK. It was a fairly standard hand given the dynamics of the table and my image versus his tag + high ATSB play (he said he read shannons blog and knew who thayer was).

To anyone that reads this, Vivek and myself are getting people together tonight for food soewhere. PM me for my cell number. We are prolly shooting for somewhere around 10 to allow for people who finished day 1 to wind down a little.

Gl al tomorrow
Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, when you were down to four handed. What did you have vs Jimmie (skinny kid who won it) on the I believe 35KK board where you checkraised him on the flop and turn. Also what did you think of his play overall, and how big of a douche is the old guy who finished 2nd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the action on the hand went I raise to 30k w/ A9o, He flat calls on the button... Flop K75ss, I bet 44k and he called... Turn was Kh, and I checked he bet 110k, and I moved in for 120k more and he folded... Really one of the sickest hands I've ever played...

And I think he plays pretty well... His thing is that a lot of people think he's way crazier than he actually is... He gets a lot of action that he shouldn't because of the way he looks... And ya, the old guy Kelly was such a douche... When we were 4 handed He said he was the best player left and I almost laughed out loud... He was so by far the worst player left...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Amusing bad karma story from the $2500 today. Old, miserable guy gets moved to my right, says under his breath, "I don't like this table, too many Asians." I'm the only one who heard him. Second or third hand he's there, he raises in EP, called by JC Tran in the BB. Flop: 5 5 4, I forget the suits. JC checks, old guy bets, JC raises, old guy shoves for a lot more, JC instacalls with Q5ss. Old guy tables AA, starts shouting for an A, doesn't get one. Of course I told the story as soon as he left.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM

Today was a very testing afternoon, I think I took a cab drive 5 times today.

I have a good reason to believe that my cab driver from Panorama to Bellagio this morning stole the contents of one of my small luggage pouches [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but I could be completely wrong. Either way, I lost my charger cable for my laptop, which I use to charge my iphone.

So, today I went back and forth from the Panorama, then back and forth from the Mall to get all my laptop/iphone stuff.

Whats most infuriating is I'm missing a cable that connects my headphones to whatever audio device I use, and there wasnt a Sony store anywhere, so I have to use my ipod buds for now.

And just as I type this my sink is starting to make noises.

GAHHHHHHH

today has been the worst afternoon in a looooooong time, dinner tonight is gonna feel so great.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM

did you say you have an iphone? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. just kidding, bro, things can only get better, glglg
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 PM

clayton, its times like this when it really pays to be a pothead