Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Freddie Deeb lays down KK preflop in FW WPT

I'm usually bored watching poker tourneys live because there are so many hands that are just so boring but then a hand like this happens.

This was yesterday and I was down there with my brother and we went down to the ballroom to watch the final 11 slug out to the TV final table. We pick a spot right in front of an empty table that I suspected they were gong to move to on the redraw when they lost another player and sure enough they did so we had ring side seats.

Freddie Deeb was playing like [censored] as he said so himself. He even left the final table for about 20 minutes and missed a bunch of hands. When he got back he said he was sick from some bad chicken and had to go up to his room and said something else we couldn't hear but the tourney director chuckled "that was a little too much info Freddie".

Anyway, he missed a call when he "knew" the guy was bluffing and was reraised off a lot of hands and then someone said are you running bad all of sudden Freddie and he said no I'm running good, just playing bad.

So the hand. Two limpers 20,000/40,000 and it's up to Freddie and raises to 120,000. I've noticed Deeb likes to keep pots small perflop because he likes postflop play but I thought his raise was just to punish the limpers a little and take control of the hand. Next John Myung who had not move a chip the whole time we were there made it 800,000 to go.

I told my brother, I thought Myung had a moderately good hand, read Deeb the same way I did and was trying to take this pot down now. Folded around to the original limper and a strange thing takes place. The guy goes in the tank for ten minutes and looks really conflicted. This is the same guy that ran the big river bluff on Deeb with 8 high and showed.

I then told my brother that if this guy suddenly after all this moves all-in, he's got AA and that's precisely what he does for 1.8 million total. It now gets folded to Deeb and another strange thing happens, he goes into the tank for ten minutes, talking to crowd, saying nothing like this situation has ever happened to me in a tourney. He also asks Myung if he has the raiser covered and he did by about 200K.

He then asks the girl with the hand held TV camera to come over and film his hand, she's real reluctant to do it and keeps prodding her and the TD is letting it all go which was great theater for all of us watching. She finally comes over and he lets the camera see his hand.

He then takes a little more time and mucks but tells the dealer not to muck them, but to leep them on the side near the muck. The dealer didn't want to do it but eventually gave in and id it. I put Deeb on KK, thought it obvious.

Now another strange thing happens, John Myung goes in the tank for ten minutes. I put him on QQ for all the agony he was going through. Plus he had almost half his stack committed to the pot. He starts a dialogue with the guy and the guy wants him to muck, doesn't want a race he says and he sounds like he means it. Myung then says, so you don't have the best hand and the guy says no, I definitely have the best hand but just want to take it down right now and again sounds like he means it.

It really looks like Myung is going to muck and suddenly he calls and flips up TT. WTF, TT. The guy flips up surprise to me KK and he survives a little race as Myung had an oesd on the turn. And they turn Deeb's hand and he had KK as well.

A real fun hand to watch. Anyone else see it and if you did, please feel free to fill in any gaps or correct anything I might have [censored] up.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Freddie Deeb lays down KK preflop in FW WPT

20/40/ 4

limp hijack, fld, limp button, deeb makes it 225k total, BB makes it 810k total, 1st limper shoves for 1.8m total.

fyi
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM

durrrr,

Congrats on making the final table. What time slot did you draw for hair and makeup?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:04 AM

Assuming your post about Freddie's actions is accurate, IMO he should not have been allowed to carry on the way he did, asking for a camera to film his cards, "I've never had a decision like this before", with two other people left in the hand. It seems he made it beyond obvious that he was folding KK, which could have affected the action behind him.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming your post about Freddie's actions is accurate, IMO he should not have been allowed to carry on the way he did, asking for a camera to film his cards, "I've never had a decision like this before", with two other people left in the hand. It seems he made it beyond obvious that he was folding KK, which could have affected the action behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I screwed up some of the betting that Durr has corrected but the other stuff is pretty accurate. And I agree that they let him get away with a lot in that hand. I think it was a situation that it was such great theater and the fact that Deeb is a "name" pro that the TD also got caught in the moment and let it go.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

semi-true... but deeb was partly doing it to try and get reads on the guy who shoved imo- which should be allowed. I think its pretty borderline + good tv so i didnt think it was too out of line if @ all.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

semi-true... but deeb was partly doing it to try and get reads on the guy who shoved imo- which should be allowed. I think its pretty borderline + good tv so i didnt think it was too out of line if @ all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether it should be allowed, it's really universally banned, and especially frowned upon at Foxwoods. I'm not blaming Freddy (who is one of the most fun guys to play with on the circuit in my experience), but the TD should have jumped in and told Freddy to make a decision without talking. GL today sir.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM

I agree that this seems pretty inappropriate with another player left to act.
Deeb might as well have been saying, "I can't believe I'm laying this down. I've never layed this hand down pre-flop before" etc etc. Such talk and actions shouldn't be allowed pre-flop with others left to act whether he's a name-pro or it makes for great theatre or whatever.

As Toro indicated, he might as well have directly stated that he had KK, which is also inappropriate of course.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Myung's oesd was counterfeited. The four kings were dead. He only had live eights.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:38 PM

didnt read the thread but his fold was horrible.