Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 02:48 PM

Default AJ flops top pair at Commerce \"action table!\" (tm)

Anyone who's played at Commerce knows what I'm talking about. 3/5 no limit. I have ~800. Primary villain has a bit less. Limped to me in late position. I make it 20 to go with AJ. No less than 5 callers, including villain on the button. I have to take credit for generating some of the action at the "Action Table!" (tm). I've been raising villain with hands like KTo because he will give me action with any two, so my image has to be somewhat LAG. His profile is definitely loose passive pre-flop but more agro post flop.

Flop comes down Ac5c7x with a ~100 pot. Checked to me. I make it 75. Only villain calls. Pot ~250 for a Jc turn. I bet 100, expecting villain to raise or fold. He min-raises to 200. I am confident that I am ahead at this point - as I would have expected villain to raise the flop with a flush draw. I consider going all in at this point, but elect to call, planning to check-call his inevitable push on the river. Mistake? Pot is now ~650 and the river is a blank. I check it to villain, ready to insta-call his push (he hasn't missed a big bet since I've been sitting at the table ~ 3 hours). Villain only bets 100. I really expected him to push. Obviously check-raising has little value at this point. Should I have been all in when he raised the turn?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Re: AJ flops top pair at Commerce \"action table!\" (tm)

Without the benefit of being at the table, I am not so sure that you're ahead. His min-raise and underbet both scream please raise me. I think I just call in this spot. Having two pair on a flushy board with a villian that is acting wierd is not a good spot.

I think you played it fine up to this point, including the turn. Just call and show the hand down.