Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Tony G - Not Just TV

Does anybody remember the post about the hand with Williamson that was improperly awarded to him instead of the player with the trips? Well, in this case Tony's failure to protect his hand was totally self induced. He left the table before the pot had been awarded. This is simply not smart. His choice to value taking the phone call immediately over making sure he got pushed half the pot. Did he fail to notice there is a problem with the dealers this year? I note the player in the other situation managed to get through without dealer abuse, although he had a much more clear case for complaint. Dealers and other players in these situations are often unwilling to fully describe bad conduct of an angry, name player, especially in the dealer's case if it is after a bad decision. No problem with the dealers excuses this conduct.

Note: there have been problems with the chip count reports too. Maybe Tony has also missed this.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not really, he probably just did it as a PR move. Maybe if he didn't give so many people a reason to not like him, he would find himself getting the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think taunting other players is wrong in any way. It's part of the game and Tony is very good at it. I'm not aware of Tony doing any of the things that are really dirty, like colluding, shorting chips, taking pots he didn't win, etc. etc. The worst thing he does sometimes is talk to people who are in a hand when he's not in the hand.

ps. but you're right, I guess a lot of people don't like him cuz of his talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No the worse thing he does (since I haven't heard stories of him stealing chips or anything extremely unethical) is not his talk but when he berates players even after they have busted because he induces them to make a bad move. It's one thing to trash talk against players still in the tournament but it's another when you harass them after they bust out (see Ralph Perry and many others).

Anyways, if what John says its true, and TStoneMBD says another thing when he had sat at the table, does that mean someone is lying about it or just getting the events mixed up?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJPTMz7WzMk
Old 06-29-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony G. should have wrestled that dealer to the ground, grabbed him by the snout so that he couldn't get bitten, and then delivered a lecture to the rest of the table on the curious features of LasVegas PokerDealercus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent
Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJPTMz7WzMk

[/ QUOTE ]

why doesnt he come on and give the facts then. i like the way he paid 1000$ TIP. i highly doubt this 1000$ was a tip more like a settlement
Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM

Well Tony G has all the facts, so that settles it!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
john. if he didn't intend to hit the dealer with chips, and just accidentally sprayed a few which hit the dealer, and not in the face, why would he tip 1k? your story doesn't make logical sense. he either, slammed his fist onto the table and accidentally splashed the chips or he threw chips at the dealer. the 1k tip makes a lot more sense if he actually threw the chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it makes total sense. The fact that Tony didn't mean to hit the dealer isn't really relevant to him (I don't think). tony knows if he had not lost his temper then he wouldn't have hit the dealer. The fella seems to have some cash and decided to try to compensate her accordingly.

More than likely the dealers job sucks and he was adding to it. He realized it and paid her back so to speak.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM

tonyg and 2p2er bugstud. separated at birth.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and it was $1,000, not $100 - not that the denomination is relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why bring it up?

[ QUOTE ]
Tony opens himself to a lot of criticism by how he Behaves as a human being .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. And just curious, why are you defending the guy?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then why bring it up?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because 1000 is correct and 100 is not?

[ QUOTE ]

FYP. And just curious, why are you defending the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he works with him happens to know the whole story? Why are you such a boring person?