Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 AM

Default University of Delaware Re-Education Center

I'm amazed that this occured at a large public university. Utterly astounded actually. You tax dollars at work.

In addition to having all RAs go through a training session on this stuff, they forced every single resident at the university to attend mandatory meetings, events, and even one-on-one interrogations. RAs were instructed to produce write ups detailing whether residents agreed with the views presented to them and that "good" or "bad" responses would be put in a special file at the university that nobody could see.

There's actually so much wrong with this situation I'm not going to go through it all. If you think what you see here shocks you read through this entire site.

http://www.thefire.org/index.php/news/

This is from the University of Delaware Office of Residence Life Diversity Facilitation Training document (Resident Assistant Training):

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.thefire.org/pdfs/3d020892...?PHPSESSID=f7e 1504acfb0d938c296dcf3ada6efa1
[ QUOTE ]

“A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination. (This does not deny the existence of such prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination.)" - Page 3

-----

“REVERSE RACISM: A term created and used by white people to deny their white privilege. Those in denial use the term reverse racism to refer to hostile behavior by people of color toward whites, and to affirmative action policies, which allegedly give 'preferential treatment' to people of color over whites. In the U.S., there is no such thing as 'reverse racism.'" - Page 3

-----

“A NON-RACIST: A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systemic racism, to maintain an aura of innocence in the face of racial oppression, and to shift responsibility for that oppression from whites to people of color (called "blaming the victim"). Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing a racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent." - Page 3

-----

"Have you ever heard a well-meaning white person say, 'I'm not a member of any race except the human race?' What she usually means by this statement is that she doesn't want to perpetuate racial categories by acknowledging that she is white. This is an evasion of responsibility for her participation in a system based on supremacy for white people." - Page 8

-----

"The notion of indigenous people as more akin to animals than human beings is at the basis of U.S. policy toward Native Americans. In 1784 George Washington, famous Indian fighter, large landholder and slave owner, advised the Continental Congress that it would be cheaper for the new nation to buy up Indian land than to make war on Indian people for the land. If you make war, Washington cautioned, 'the savage as the wolf' - both wild beasts of the forest - will retreat for awhile and then come back to attack you. Washington's metaphor stuck. The young U.S. nation-state, and all sectors of European- American; began to view the Native American as a wild animal." - Page 10

[/ QUOTE ]

For the conspiracy theorists, here is links to some of the materials on U of Dels website itself.

http://www.udel.edu/reslife/students/wholenewworld.htm
Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: University of Delaware Re-Education Center

Maybe we could sell tickets to this guys private interrogation session.

Seriously, this is some appalling [censored]. Welcome to the age of information. I wonder how many nooses they are going to find around campus in the coming year. Crap like this will make that kind of thing happen. Worse, there's real potential for people to actually get hurt.

[ QUOTE ]
By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] retarded.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 AM

I read about this today on brain-terminal, and to be honest, it's not surprising in the least.

I didn't read your whole post and skipped right to the link. I see what you've quoted is from the same paper that shocks me. That thing is ridiculous, and that a university would link it as suggested reading is, in fact, shocking to me.

Oops.. actually I guess it's a different paper. But that one's bad too. I've been reading this one: http://www.udel.edu/reslife/students..._Supremacy.pdf

I tried c+p'ing, but it screws up the format from the PDF for some reason. Just read it. It's insane.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read about this today on brain-terminal, and to be honest, it's not surprising in the least.

I didn't read your whole post and skipped right to the link. I see what you've quoted is from the same paper that shocks me. That thing is ridiculous, and that a university would link it as suggested reading is, in fact, shocking to me.

Oops.. actually I guess it's a different paper. But that one's bad too. I've been reading this one: http://www.udel.edu/reslife/students..._Supremacy.pdf

I tried c+p'ing, but it screws up the format from the PDF for some reason. Just read it. It's insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just opened this link. The picture is hilarious. This should be good...
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 AM

It reads like it was written by or for a fourth grader.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:38 AM

Damn, my computer is all messed up with pfds I wish I could read this.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 AM

i honestly would c+p it but it turns everything to caps, leaves out all the punctuations, and adds carriage returns all over the place.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Some nuggets so far...

The date 1791 has a 6 written over the 7 in pen (1691).

"Power is the ability to define reality and convince other people that it is their definition."

White culture is apparently the most evil, wicked thing ever to descend upon the earth. "White culture is a melting pot of greed, guys, guns, and god. It is a deadly brew."

Page numbers are hand written in the center of the bottom of the page.

The person who wrote this both cannot come up with an original thought as nearly every paragraph has some thanks to some random person for the material. The author also seems to not understand how footnotes work.

Elvis is evil because he stole rhythm and blues from the blacks.

Being upset about long lines, "speaking with authority as if we are sure of correctness" and "talking as long as we wish" are evidence of white arrogance.

The author seems to be of the opinion that either only the white's land theft/genocide against natives in the early forming of the U.S. matters or that nearly every nation is probably guilty of this if you go back far enough.

"Criminal" and "drug dealer" are racial code-words and are evidence of white attempts to avoid responsibility.

"Private property" is a wholly destructive way of thinking.

Author is a hack.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 AM

People---such as this author---who reify interpretive language as psychological reality deserve to be sent hunting with the Vice President. I say this with completely sincerity.

People who use the term "world view" without irony deserve something worse than merely shotgunning; perhaps bringing back the wheel, ropes, and sledgehammer would suffice.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:39 AM

I think one poster here is going to come out in strong defense of these ideas.