Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: AKo in the BB $0.50/$1

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 capped preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. You're correct; I can't count the number of raises correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In that case, I c/r the flop. After capping, he's c-betting the flop pretty much always, so I want the raise for value. If he 3bets, I can slow down.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(unless a K falls, then I’m taking another shot)

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense to me. If we're currently behind, the only reasonable hand the king puts us ahead of is AJ (before the river.) We'd still be behind AA, JJ, 99. We're ahead of AQ already. tied with AK obviously.

I guess what I'm saying is that a K dropping doesn't make our hand that much stronger. If we think it strong enough to raise when the K falls maybe its already strong enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has AA, we’re dead anyway, but against anything else, we can scare him into thinking we’ve got KK. Our hand doesn’t really get stronger, I realize this, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t think it helped our hand… [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And do you really think 99 is in his capping range?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would indeed check-raise the flop and then see what he does. If he 3-bets, I’m calling the hand down from there on (unless a K falls, then I’m taking another shot).

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense to me. If we're currently behind, the only reasonable hand the king puts us ahead of is AJ (before the river.) We'd still be behind AA, JJ, 99. We're ahead of AQ already. tied with AK obviously.

I guess what I'm saying is that a K dropping doesn't make our hand that much stronger. If we think it strong enough to raise when the K falls maybe its already strong enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has AA, we’re dead anyway, but against anything else, we can scare him into thinking we’ve got KK. Our hand doesn’t really get stronger, I realize this, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t think it helped our hand… [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And do you really think 99 is in his capping range?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I think a loose range pf is AA-TT, AK, AQ.

After the flop I think we can narrow his range to AA, JJ, and AK. AA and JJ can only be made 1 way each. Against those we lose two BBs if we c/r the turn, get 3-bet and call down. I don't think we will get AK to fold. So two times we lose 2 BBs, 6 times we're even. I don't think he has something we beat often enough to make raising profitble. When we c/r something we beat we only gain 1 BB (compared to calling down.) So he has to have something we beat twice as often as he has AA/JJ (not including pure bluffs which will just fold to our c/r.)

Our hypothetical hand:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls,

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 7.75BB )
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="red">Hero check-raises </font>, <font color="red"> UTG+1 3 bets </font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 AM

whoops! JJ is 3 ways. which of course, makes it more likely that popping a king is bad
Old 12-01-2007, 02:19 AM

preflop cap
flop lead/3bet/cap
turn lead/3bet/cap
river lead/call

win or lose the max. simple.