Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is the outcome of the bet?
Person A wins 0 0%
Person B wins 5 5.49%
Neither person wins 86 94.51%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: so let me get this new WPEX thing straight

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, I thought the automated HH's on WPEX were not compatible with PT yet.
So you really CAN use it with PT??

Also - Pokerace, I disagree that the stats in a single-session can't be meaningful.
If somebody had 40 hands and is playing 40/10 then there are two possibilities:
- He is playing more hands than he should
- He got a good run of limp-able cards over that stretch

I really think the first is far more likely even with such a small sample as 40 hands in 1 session.

Same goes for somebody who is 15/1 after 40 hands. They are clearly not aggressive enough and there is a good chance they can be pushed around.

Yes, sometimes the stats can be deceiving in such a short-sample for one reason or another.
But, in my experience, a player who is 40/10 after 40 hands will have similarly crappys stats after 400 hands and after 4k hands.

VP and PFR seem to converge fairly quickly and you can get some general reads on your players even after just a few hands.

Even win-rate is a stat that can be worthwhile in a single-session if you feel that you can make adjustments vs. someone basedon how much they have won or lost recently. Sometimes it's difficult to notice somebody's balance or whether they have had a re-buy or two when you are playing 4 tables or more.

Again, it's not absolutely necessary to have these stats. I agree with some of the others on this.

Just disputing the idea that you can't gain anything meaningful on your opponents just off their single-session stats because I think that is extremely incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% and Yes you can use GT+ and PT for the downloaded hands.

See the link in this thread to PT forum on the patch and GT works as it normally does. (As has always been the case you can not see the player in seat 0)
Edited to Add Link: [ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15445

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever heard of a seat 0?? That's one thing I can't figure out that they did. Though I'd like it to change I won't talk about how much more business I'd give them if it did (hint: I'd spend somewhere around $50K MORE a month in sports bets if this was fixed) or claim they will go broke if it's not immediately fixed.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: so let me get this new WPEX thing straight

this thread is hilarious. I like the sparky guy who said he beats the 5/10 limit games for over 6bb/100. Has it occured to anyone that the max tables at wpex is not even high. Isn't it at 4 tables right now? 4 tables!!!! I'll play 8 tables with out a hud. I wouldn't play 10, but 8 is fine. 6 is cake. At 4 a hud is basically irrellevant.

Good players beat the games with out a hud. Huds just make it easier for them. Losing players will lose their money without a hud. A hud just looks cool on their screen and makes em feel like an internet poker geek.

If wpex allowed you to sit at 8 or more tables I would understand this would make it more profitable for hud users. Not because it would give them an edge in the games but because it would allow them to play 10 tables and not 4,5, or 6.

Hud use is so trivial for a small site that caps the tables at 4. They need to focus on growing the player base. That should be the big issue. If allowing huds would up their player base they need to do it.