Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Sunday Mill final 2 tables what to do?

i reshove here often even with no read. now if i know he's aggro i definetly reship. you're not a huge favorite against much, but you beat his range.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about "Oh, this guy is super aggro and pushes all the time, I have an A so I'm ahead for sure and I'll call."

[/ QUOTE ]

umm yes it is

I have A5. I am ahead of his range. This is a +EV call, so I call.

[ QUOTE ]
A5s is only like 60/40 fave at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what? Who gives a crap. We are playing to make correct decisions, to make +EV decisions. Who gives a [censored] if "we are only 60-40 at best" if we are making a good call against a range

[ QUOTE ]
Even against lower Ax you're prolly gonna chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. Why are you preparing for him to have a specific hand and then telling us what will happen if he does have that hand. If we are ahead of his range and gaining EV by calling, call. That is the only thing that matters.

[ QUOTE ]
Sure you had the best hand pre, but that's why he pushed with J9, because he knows you'll call him Ax and he'd like to have very live cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO! Thats not why he pushed with J9os. He pushed with J9os because its a +EV push.

[ QUOTE ]
I need A8s or better to call in that spot, main because there's more of a chance I'll have him dominated as opposed to just barely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM

that hh is confusing but if he's shoving from button it's a super duper easy reshove
Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about "Oh, this guy is super aggro and pushes all the time, I have an A so I'm ahead for sure and I'll call." A5s is only like 60/40 fave at best. Even against lower Ax you're prolly gonna chop. Sure you had the best hand pre, but that's why he pushed with J9, because he knows you'll call him Ax and he'd like to have very live cards. I need A8s or better to call in that spot, main because there's more of a chance I'll have him dominated as opposed to just barely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASPoker hit it on the head, but to clarify, he didn't push J9 knowing he'd get called by any Ace. He pushed J9 to pick up the pot, first and foremost. The expectation has little/nothing to do with getting called with that stack OTB.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:05 AM

I don't post here much and I might be way out with this but it seems like this is a case where the chips you lose when you call and lose are worth far more than the chips you gain when you call and win.

If you fold you have ~18bbs and still have a good restealing stack. If you call and lose you're down to ~10bbs and are reduced to push/fold mode and if you call and win you're still not the chip leader at the table and don't have too many more options with your extra chips. Add to this the fact that A5o if only 54% against a range of top 70% and I think this should probably be a fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 AM

I call for sure. I put his range at slightly tighter than ATC. CEV and $EV are probably a lot closer than many think here.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM

To the people that think this is a fold:

Do you call if he shoves from otb and we're on the bb?

Do you call if he shoves from sb and we're on bb?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM

this baller says arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrin
Old 09-13-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have A5. I am ahead of his range. This is a +EV call, so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you MIGHT be ahead of him. All pairs from 55 and up crush us and just about any A crushes us. Certainly those hands are also within his range. Don't discount that fact. My point was that you have to take your chip count relative to the blinds into account. The risk simply was not worth the reward.

[ QUOTE ]
NO! Thats not why he pushed with J9os. He pushed with J9os because its a +EV push.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here's what makes it a +EV push. 1) the blinds will probably fold; and 2) if they do get called, it'll be probably by a crap A in which case they are not in bad shape, which is what I said before.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 PM

If we were on in the BB this would be an easy call. However on the button and with 2 bigstacks left to act I'd say this is a fold.

Also theres no way we should call here. Its push or fold.