Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 01:22 PM

Default HU q

Been only going about 20 hands, but we are already starting to hate each other, he is 3 betting a lot and Ive capped light a couple of times in return. His name is Mad Haddie.

I make KsJx, he 3 bets, we cap.

Flop AQT spades

he leads and we cap

Turn 8x, we cap

river 9

He leads
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: HU q

I am just calling turn 3 bet, and beat on the river also
Old 05-31-2007, 02:25 PM

The BEST hand we lose to is J9ss. I'm raising.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM

You have to want to slit each others throats and bathe in the fallen villain's blood for you to be able to raise here. The best way I can piece the story together is something like this:

Flop he bets after you capped. He probably wants you to raise. You flopped a straight and raise wanting him to 3bet. Your raise can still mean a ton of things so he can still 3bet here with a wide range of hands you are way ahead of. You then cap which is beginning to mean serious business, but it should not be particularly alarming for him if he has flopped a straight or a set.

Then on the turn he bets into your cap again (I assume he lead again?). He has clearly declared that his hand beats any two pair 100% of the time. You raise again telling him that your hand beats a lot of hands that beat two pair and even some sets. Then he raises again. In a normal situation this is where I would likely just call down, but given that you hate each other I think we have plenty to cap and hope we are freerolling or that he is getting angry with AA or maybe QQ. You have told him that you have a winning hand and would like two more bets from him.

River he bets again after you capped. Game over, pay him.

If he c/r-capped the turn you can MAYBE think about raising. MAYBE. But I would still just call.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 PM

i would just call

the more tilted the guy is the easier it is for him to have a better hand based on pf. the less tilted he is the harder it is to give that much action with a worse hand.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:41 PM

it kind of depends on the postflop tempo of the match and how good this guy is, but against most guys he'll almost never have worse than KJ when he leads this river and surely not more than 66% of the time (assuming u call a 3bet and he always reraises with better). If he has been 3betting light like you say, there are a lot of random suited hands he could have. The main thing here is that after 4 bets go in on the flop and turn he should be VERY scared of a flush or KJ, yet he still leads.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would just call

the more tilted the guy is the easier it is for him to have a better hand based on pf. the less tilted he is the harder it is to give that much action with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It needn't even be a matter of tilt. All he did was 3-bet your steal attempt, which should happen with a fairly wide range whether he's playing well or poorly.

With that said, my instinct is that if he flopped some kind of "surprise" hand like a small flush with his suited junk, he'd probably be more likely to check-raise the flop. Leading into you feels more like he had his finger on the bet button, which is more how people play with something like a set. So I think the amount of action on the turn is fine, but doing anything other than calling on the river would be silly. I also might not 4-bet the turn if there is no heads-up cap, but I don't know what site you're playing on.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:58 PM

Nate tha' Great and DeathDonkey or 2 of my favorite posters. I am suprised that they disagree on this hand.

I'm still not even sure where I stand, because if we do raise, he is almost never 3betting even if he's ahead, but if he does, we have to puke and call.

I guess just calling on the riv is best.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:07 PM

he is competent HU, def just call the river.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm a spew and I don't play HU or limit hardly these days so I'd go with Nate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey