Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 02:20 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default Marijuana \"Addiction\"

There are some pretty high numbers touted for people in programs for "marijuana addiction" sometimes at prominent facilities. So tell me, who are this unbelievably weak minded individuals?

I mean, if you smoke premium high THC strains all day in large quantities there is going to be an uncomfortable few days in store if you quit cold, who can't handle a low appetite and nasty mood for a week, no worse than a cold really in the worst case.

Who gets checked in for this stuff? It seems like a real joke to me, all i can think of is bob saget in half baked at the NA meeting.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Marijuana \"Addiction\"

I think alot of those people chose treatment for their "addiction" in lieu of jail, etc. This has to skew the numbers. Personally, I don't believe it's addictive in the true sense, that is you're never gonna be puking in the toilet while you try to hit/find a vein to get your morning gateshot like with heroin. That's addiction.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 AM

There are physical and psychological addictions, and you can be addicted to anything. Just because you don't go into withdrawals like other drugs doesn't mean you aren't addicted. Some people aren't able to overcome things on their own and need help, even if thats just a clean environment.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:37 AM

It's different for different people. Life is horrible for me if I don't have caffeine for a day, but most people can shrug it off. I think you're overlooking the mental aspect of it as well. If you get high every day, that becomes a huge part of your life, routine, and reality. Suppose you decided not to use the internet ever again. For months afterwards, you would have incredible urges to kill some time watching youtube videos, tell OOT about the crazy thing that happened last night, or to clarify something on wikipedia. Then you would have to remind yourself that you don't do those things any more and you would feel bad about it and miss them.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 AM

Its hard to not be stoned if you have smoked 24-7 for a long time. Your body may not be aching for it but all your mind can do is think "Man it would be great if I were stoned right now."

And since its really easy to function while being stoned there usually isn't a solid reason for someone to quit.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:11 AM

My roommates girlfriend got herself so worked up over not smoking that she had him take her to the hospital because her stomach was in 'so much pain'. She didn't smoke for like 16 hours at the most.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:33 AM

When I ask my friends if they have an addiction to smoking pot they always respond by saying "No, I just like doing it."

But then again, an alcoholic is the guy that has one more drink than you do.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But then again, an alcoholic is the guy that has one more drink than you do and keeps going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are some pretty high numbers touted for people in programs for "marijuana addiction" sometimes at prominent facilities. So tell me, who are this unbelievably weak minded individuals?

I mean, if you smoke premium high THC strains all day in large quantities there is going to be an uncomfortable few days in store if you quit cold, who can't handle a low appetite and nasty mood for a week, no worse than a cold really in the worst case.

Who gets checked in for this stuff? It seems like a real joke to me, all i can think of is bob saget in half baked at the NA meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't smoked enough weed.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I ask my friends if they have an addiction to smoking pot they always respond by saying "No, I just like doing it."

But then again, an alcoholic is the guy that has one more drink than you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen someone with DTs? It's pretty nasty. I saw a guy in a rehab once who was shaking so bad that he couldn't eat his peas. Everytime he spooned some up they would all shake and drop off. And that was with a valium every hour on the hour. It was kinda funny at the time, but
severe alcohol addiction is a million times worse than any discomfort a person could feel from skipping a few days without buds, it's not even close.