Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Default XOR teaser - can this work?

Ok, correlated teasers are old news. But here's an idea I've never seen before. Suppose I have no opinion on the line or total, but I'm of the strong opinion that if team A wins against the spread, the game will go over and if team B wins against the spread the game will go under.

For example, yesterday's Colorado vs. Arizona St. game. Based on last week, Colorado's offense is explosive but inconsistent and their defense is crap. I agreed with the spread, and didn't have much opinion about the total. But I seriously doubted they would give up less than 31 points, so if they covered they were already close enough that the total had a lot of value.

Now, the only way I'm aware of to bet my opinion is to buy two 13:5 parlays: Colorado&Over, Arizona St.&Under. If I had an opinion on just the line and/or total, I could play a standard correlated parlay instead but in this case I don't have such an opinion.

Now, the vig on this collective bet sucks - I'm effectively laying 10 to win 8. Hence I didn't actually bet it. But I'm interested in two questions:

1) can the vig be overcome in this type of bet?
2) is there a way to bet this sort of opinion at better odds?
3) what if any line shopping makes sense here? Finding a middle on either the total or side doesn't seem to do much good here.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: XOR teaser - can this work?

OK, I meant parlay the whole way through, not teaser - up WAY too long last night.