Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Banks Are Reversing PokerStars Checks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just logged onto my online banking.

GUESS WHAT?!?!?! MY CHECK FROM LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO JUST BOUNCED!!

[censored] great just what i needed today

[/ QUOTE ]

How can a check from 2 months ago bounce? Doesn't the bank have the money already?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry i spoke to soon before checking the date.

it was about a month, not 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Even a month, I don't understand how they can do that. There must be some time limit after which they cannot say the check bounced. Banking experts, help please.

[/ QUOTE ]

All i know if i read this thread, i logged into my online banking, and there is a withdraw noted "Other: Autimated Debit (A bunch of numbers)" of the exact amount of my check plus $5 (fee for check bouncing)

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. I understand a check "bouncing" to mean that it was dishonored. Has the bank confirmed that it was actually dishonored by the account on which it was drawn? Seems very strange that the bank would learn of it being dishonored a month later. Or is this some other type of debit (obviously related to the check)? I think you need to answer this first, and if it was not dishonored, figure out why the precise amount of that check was debited. I'm no banking expert, but that's how I see this. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:05 PM

I am under the impression that once a bank clears a check it is then their liability. Their recourse would be to go after wells fargo. I have deposited at least 8 checks over the last 2 months, checked online today, no probs. However, if there is a problem there is no way I am accepting any responsobility. Just got another check yesterday, I guess Ill find out tomorrow.

PS. Visa gift cards no longer work
Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UIGEA prohibits banks to send money to an online site which is deemed to be illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. But when its regulations go into effect, restricted transactions to online sites will be blocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say that this is the intent of whatever regulations they come up with are designed to do.

I don't understand how this would work in practice (just generally). How effective can any such measures really be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt they will stop all deposits. They will stop enough to affect us and the sites. And yes, that is what the regulations will be designed to do.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am under the impression that once a bank clears a check it is then their liability. Their recourse would be to go after wells fargo. I have deposited at least 8 checks over the last 2 months, checked online today, no probs. However, if there is a problem there is no way I am accepting any responsobility. Just got another check yesterday, I guess Ill find out tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:20 PM

I couldn't get a hold of any actual person to talk to so ill try tomorrow during business hours
Old 04-15-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am under the impression that once a bank clears a check it is then their liability.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely correct, my friend. Do not let anyone dissuade you of this belief.

Idi
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS. Visa gift cards no longer work

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this is my experience I deposited a check for 3.5k 3 weeks ago it cleared in 3 days I made a full withdrawal. A few days ago I check my account balance it is overwithdrawn in the amount of the check. WTF?

I'm doing some research, I will post when I find out more
Old 04-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Also, my bank asked what kind of check this was, LOL

I was stumped for a moment and said it was a payroll check of some sort

WTF is it thier business what kind of check it is?

Or am I wrong?

I'm worried how far back they can go and do this In the past three months I have 4-5 checks on the larger size and some of these funds have been lost in live play
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am under the impression that once a bank clears a check it is then their liability

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that, until a check I cashed from a prima skin bounced a month after it "cleared". The reason given then was the check processor closed the account and reversed payment on checks.

I was promised an ACH payout for over two months, and instead got another check last wendsday lol. Wonder how long I have to wait until I can be sure this money won't disapear from my bank account.

FYI never had a problem at Stars or Bodog, Golden Riviera prima site was the only one.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, my bank asked what kind of check this was, LOL

I was stumped for a moment and said it was a payroll check of some sort

WTF is it thier business what kind of check it is?

Or am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1