Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Assani come on now. Dallas has a pretty good D but they aren't outstanding and those D numbers were slightly inflated due to playing Buffalo last week, St. Louis (Bulger broken ribs, SJax out, Oline basically out) the week before that, and Chi and Mia before that. None of those teams have any weapons offensively nor are they good offensive teams.

I am not saying Dallas won't be a 9-12th ranked defensive team at the end of the year but that is just a better than average defense. That is good for them b/c their offense is so good.

And I also got a kick out of you posting this:

[ QUOTE ]
Kitna is only on pace for around 4200 yards now.

Chad Pennington's QB rating is now 89.3(not including today's game I think).

Carson Palmer now has 12 TDs through 5 games....on pace for 38.

None of those QBs you listed in your first group have stayed fully heathy and are still on pace to tie or break the record of only 4 INTs(you would need to have 1 or less right now).

Garrard and Garcia still havn't thrown a pick....very very impressive, and if they go one or two more games without any then I think its start to talk about them and the record.

Down to 2 undefeated QBs. They play (I think in week 9 or 10).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize in my OP I was joking right?

Anyway, Brady is unfortunately going to slow down considerably--this sucks b/c he is my FF QB.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't use EqA as the sole unit of measurement for how good a baseball player is

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, you could use it as the only piece of evidence to determine who the better hitter is, and be correct.

(do you know that eqa just measures hitting, nothing else?)

and that is a giant difference between baseball analysis and football analysis. in baseball, a huge % of the game comes down to the confrontation between hitter and pitcher, which can be analyzed very effectively. there is nothing that simple to analyze in football, b/c your teammates have a far, far greater effect on your play than in baseball.

probably the worst thing about the advanced metrics is some peoples inability to understand them, but yet they use them as gospel in inappropriate situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely. DPAR seems to have a cumulative effect - a rising tide lifts all boats sort of thing. In a sicko offense like the 2006 Colts, every player's DPAR is going to be higher just by virtue of the fact that he has 10 awesome teammates.

I am def a Brady hater and Manning guy all the way, but the EqA comparison was absurd.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You: Manning is way better b/c his DPAR his higher
Me: You can't just look at DPAR, even the guys who made it say so
You: But look how much higher his DPAR is!!! lollool u idiot

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

I have him on ignore so I don't even see this all, but LOL
Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Assani come on now. Dallas has a pretty good D but they aren't outstanding and those D numbers were slightly inflated due to playing Buffalo last week, St. Louis (Bulger broken ribs, SJax out, Oline basically out) the week before that, and Chi and Mia before that. None of those teams have any weapons offensively nor are they good offensive teams.

I am not saying Dallas won't be a 9-12th ranked defensive team at the end of the year but that is just a better than average defense. That is good for them b/c their offense is so good.

And I also got a kick out of you posting this:

[ QUOTE ]
Kitna is only on pace for around 4200 yards now.

Chad Pennington's QB rating is now 89.3(not including today's game I think).

Carson Palmer now has 12 TDs through 5 games....on pace for 38.

None of those QBs you listed in your first group have stayed fully heathy and are still on pace to tie or break the record of only 4 INTs(you would need to have 1 or less right now).

Garrard and Garcia still havn't thrown a pick....very very impressive, and if they go one or two more games without any then I think its start to talk about them and the record.

Down to 2 undefeated QBs. They play (I think in week 9 or 10).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize in my OP I was joking right?

Anyway, Brady is unfortunately going to slow down considerably--this sucks b/c he is my FF QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously understood that you were joking in that you didn't actually think those guys would all break records. But I think you were trying to make a point of "Its early. tons of players get off to hot starts and then fade, so its way to early to say this."
Old 10-14-2007, 11:22 PM

Too soon to tell. There's only been six games.
Neither Peyton Manning or Dan Marino are among
the top five in most TDs after six games.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 AM

Why did you just write a haiku?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you just write a haiku?

[/ QUOTE ]

look at his avatar, dude
Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I didn't realize jogsxyz was Hiro Nakamura.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 AM

i think belechik really likes records tho and will continue to try to keep this up. Example from last year, patriots were beating the titans i think game was pretty much over, belechik pulled brady for testaverde so that he could throw a td in his 20th straight season. titans got pretty pissed about it
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think belechik really likes records tho and will continue to try to keep this up. Example from last year, patriots were beating the titans i think game was pretty much over, belechik pulled brady for testaverde so that he could throw a td in his 20th straight season. titans got pretty pissed about it

[/ QUOTE ]

lol so what? [censored] the titans, they should be pissed that they can't stop vinny testaverde from throwing for a TD against them.