Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

hey in america lots of guys are in jail, some for a long time, because they picked up the phone and called their exwife/gf and said, hey, what is going on, a police officer just served me with a restraining order against you ...

what's the difference really?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another black eye for Islam as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

The humane thing to do would have been to waterboard her. I guess these Muslims are just too barbaric.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an attempt to equivocate US actions of water-boarding with Saudi Actions in the story?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Thought 'equate' and typed extra letters and stuff.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's their law, she lives there, she has to follow it, or get it changed through their system. Not break it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slave from the 1840s: Man slavery sucks, we need to get rid of it.

Taso: Yeah, you should tell your congressmen to outlaw it

Slave: I don't have a congressman, slaves can't vote

Taso: Damn, that sucks, you should totally write a letter to a newspaper talking about how [censored] slavery is

Slave: Umm, dude, my master forbids us to read and write, and beats us if we try to learn.

Taso: Damn that really sucks, you should move somewhere that slavery isn't allowed.

Slave: To do that I would have to break the law, slaves aren't allowed to run away + the closest places without slavery have fugitive slave laws where the citizens there are required to return us.

Taso: Damn, that sucks, well keep on keeping on man, just don't break these unjust laws, try working within the system that set up these laws and one day, hopefully your grandchildren won't be slaves.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's their law, she lives there, she has to follow it, or get it changed through their system. Not break it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taso: Damn, that sucks, you should totally write a letter to a newspaper talking about how [censored] slavery is

Slave: Umm, dude, my master forbids us to read and write, and beats us if we try to learn.

Taso: Damn that really sucks, you should move somewhere that slavery isn't allowed.

Slave: To do that I would have to break the law, slaves aren't allowed to run away + the closest places without slavery have fugitive slave laws where the citizens there are required to return us.

Taso: Damn, that sucks, well keep on keeping on man, just don't break these unjust laws, try working within the system that set up these laws and one day, hopefully your grandchildren won't be slaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

But its still all relative. I mean, a lot of people were perfectly ok with slavery.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Noahxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Do I like the law? Do I think it's a good law? Obviously no.

If she doesn't like it, she should come to America.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the insidious part of this law, how are you going to get to an airport if you can't own a car or ride in a car of a man who is unrelated to you? That severly limits your ability to "get away." Especially when your country is a giant desert.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But its still all relative. I mean, a lot of people were perfectly ok with slavery.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see moral relativism as a slippery slope to sadism, you merely reveal yourself as scum. Do you see why?

God does nobody read their Nietzsche these days.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 PM

claiming moral and cultural relativism is just a cop out. relativism should be used to create empathy not apathy. we all understand why the Saudi's have these laws, but according to people like John Lock every human being is born with innate rights and the government is supposed to protect those rights not give them or take them.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Good points. I wonder how slavery ended. Did it end by the slaves breaking the law and running away? Or did it end with a political movement, and an amendment to the constitution. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Next time you want to make a post that proves a point of mine, or maybe is completly irrelivant, make it shorter, please.

Edited: My bad.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 PM

thanks for stretching out the thread and making it unreadable ass
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see moral relativism as a slippery slope to sadism, you merely reveal yourself as scum. Do you see why?

God does nobody read their Nietzsche these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you try not being such a condescending [censored] and elaborate? And I'll freely admit that its been a while since I read Nietzche, so feel free to enlighten me, I'm all ears. Maybe you can help me not be scum.