Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should the state feed prisioners in jail?
No, they can make it with private charity 0 0%
yes, Im a jackbooted thug 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Play a hand with me (NLTRN)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright .

Well then it should depend on the buy-in as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm a nit , eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The setting is $100 NLHE tournament, as stated in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are too quick . I couldn't edit in time .

Anyway , calling is fine .

You may also want to restrict the responses to players who have played many games at these levels . And that only the posters who respond are knowledgeable about the players for this buy-in . I know Nicho has played more games at this level than probably all of us .

Are you a 100's player? Or is this a random question ?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright .

Well then it should depend on the buy-in as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm a nit , eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The setting is $100 NLHE tournament, as stated in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are too quick . I couldn't edit in time .

Anyway , calling is fine .

You may also want to restrict the responses to players who have played many games at these levels . And that only the posters who respond are knowledgeable about the players for this buy-in . I know Nicho has played more games at this level than probably all of us .

Are you a 100's player? Or is this a random question ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 100's, though not as much as I used to. I'm getting back into it though.

I don't really know how I could restrict the voting. Excluding anyone who doesn't play 100's regularly is probably excluding most people in the HU forum (just a guess, but I'd say most play lower). Obviously anyone can follow along and learn a bit. I honestly don't think that's gonna be that big of a problem. There's a lot less noise in the HU forum IMO than most other forums.

Anyways, back to the current hand. Those who voted check, what's your plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM

I love this idea. I hope we get a bunch of hands so people can start to talk about reads.

I voted for check with the intention of check-raising. I think he almost always cbets on such a dry board. It's basically the same idea as leading in my mind only it looks a bit stronger.

I certainly don't want to get called, but I think people tend to play more conservatively before they have reads so you can steal this pot quite often. (Disclaimer: I don't play 100's - so feel free to ignore this or correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM

While I think this is an awesome idea, if you do an entire match with a poll before every action, isn't this thread going to have hundreds of posts? Even if the match is ~20 hands, there would still be a huge number of posts.

That being said, I'll be following this thread closely.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM

@soop: Check-raising is risky, but it can be a good play if we suspect he'll c-bet a lot here, and also that he'll fold most hands he c-bets. Given the flop, I'd say that looks good. I realized shortly after my previous analysis that I didn't even consider a c/r. Considering lines I wouldn't have otherwise taken is one of the two main reasons I started this thread (the other is betsizing).

@somekid: I don't see a problem with there being 200+ posts. I really wanted to have each decision go through a vote and analysis (when appropriate), but I'm now considering auto decisionmaking for the easy stuff (like raising hand 1 pf).

Anyway, moving on with the hand:

Hand 2

(SB)Villain 1480
(BB)Hero 1520

Villain posts 10, Hero posts 20.

Villain raises to t60. Hero has 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 120).
Hero checks. Villain bets t90. Hero?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:04 PM

I can't bring myself to call down like this this early. This hand is going to be too expensive and we are losing this pot 50% of the time by the river. I would rather donk this than c/c.

Disclaimer: I never ever played a $100 sng.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Dromar , I prefer calling . You'll get the information you need but at a cheaper price . If he continues ott , then given the flop texture and your call , there is a decent chance he has a piece of it .
Old 10-26-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dromar , I prefer calling . You'll get the information you need but at a cheaper price . If he continues ott , then given the flop texture and your call , there is a decent chance he has a piece of it .

[/ QUOTE ]

Strong point. I'd say in this situation, sans read, I almost universally either donk the flop or c/c and re-evaluate on the turn (which usually means c/f). It's very flop dependent of course, but this flop is relatively dry; basically, he's either got a pair or he doesn't, perhaps Q8, otherwise he has at most an inside draw. Which is why I initially voted to bet the flop. Now I think calling to see what happens on the turn is better (than checkraising, I don't know if it's better than betting the flop right out).
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

What the hell is going on here?

It's the first two hands at 10/20. against an unknown. I don't know what to say - I'm not really thinking about "Meta" considerations until hands 10 to 15 and I'm not gonna be taking any big risks/moves until later in the 2nd level, at least, so I don't know where this is going.

I raise hand one because they are suited and pretty and I call hand two because RRing here sucks and then I check/fold.

FINALLY, I think that it would behoove you to post your HH because those are much better to review and you will get good input, if you are so inclined.

Barry
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM

I think this thread is a great idea Dromar, and I'll try to follow it as best I can.