Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM

Default QQ on A high flop

I have no real reads on villain, other than I have pushed him out of the last two hands without a SD so I feel he was itching to call me down to see my hand.

Can I bet this the whole way or am I just spewing to Ax? I feel like I should have just c/c the river, or is c/f better?

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.70 BB
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: QQ on A high flop

Yeah, these spots can be annoying, but there's not much else you can do. His range includes a lot of Jx hands and weaker pocket pairs as well as aces. Check/calling is pretty terrible, because he is usually only betting when you're beat.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM

this is fine. don't c/c river.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM

Betting the river is way better than check-calling. You should always bet here.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM

Could I call a raise on the river? I can't see a lot of hands in his range that he would raise with that I could beat. Jx seems more likely to just call down.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I call a raise on the river? I can't see a lot of hands in his range that he would raise with that I could beat. Jx seems more likely to just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are very few hands that he will want to raise on the river. AJ will and 8x, 77 etc. For the most part you are bet/folding without a read that he can bluff raise as he will usually have one of the hands listed.