Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 AM

Default I autopost and end up in big limped pot with medium two pair...

I timed out a hand or two ago and lazily hit autopost before this hand. Not something I normally do.

Anyway, villain is 29/12/1.6 and plays quite a bit. The only read I have on him relates to shorstack play, though. Anyway, I've been playing loose-TAG or tight-LAG depending on where you draw the line. I tend to go after a lot of these pots where no one has staked their claim, particularly a-high limped pots like this one. So anyway, I think that complicates things a bit.

Thoughts on turn and river would be appreciated. On the turn I thought my hand was strong enough that I had to continue with it, but not necessarily strong enough that I wanted to play it for 150bbs in a limped pot, for this reason I dismissed raising as an option.

I fold the river because, on the back of the turn chack raise, the river PSB is just too intimidating for my liking.

What say 2+2?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $336.58
BB: $297.45
UTG: $256.60
MP: $205.15
Hero (CO): $539.16
BTN: $253.15

Hero posts $3.00
Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($5) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BB calls $5.00

Turn: ($15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $40.00</font>, Hero calls $26.00

River: ($95) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $100.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $195.00
Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: I autopost and end up in big pot with medium two pair...

Line doesnt make too much sense.. signals trips IMO. But I like the way you played it and I usually do not call a river bet this big here without history.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:57 AM

You played this hand way too passively imo. Do you really think he floats this flop with 22? Why is everyone assuming that he has a set here? Besides 33, A2, A3, and A9, you are definitely ahead of most of his range. Correct me if Im wrong, but I put more money in on the turn.

I think your hand is disguised pretty well. So why not take this line? I like C/R flop and leading turn. That way if he shows strength on the turn, youll have an easier decision. Im really trying to learn as much as I can on this forum, so any construtive criticism of my posts are welcome
Old 07-16-2007, 04:34 AM

Cant check raise, we have the position.

If we trust baluga theorem then we are splitting here at best, no?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You played this hand way too passively imo. Do you really think he floats this flop with 22? Why is everyone assuming that he has a set here? Besides 33, A2, A3, and A9, you are definitely ahead of most of his range. Correct me if Im wrong, but I put more money in on the turn.

I think your hand is disguised pretty well. So why not take this line? I like C/R flop and leading turn. That way if he shows strength on the turn, youll have an easier decision. Im really trying to learn as much as I can on this forum, so any construtive criticism of my posts are welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

We're only ahead of bluffs, he isn't value raising the turn with a worse hand. And given he called a totally dry flop he will show up here with air like never unless he turns 9x into a bluff or something (v unlikely).

I fold turn here and definitely river.