Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Zeitgeist, the movie

This could potentially be huge:

9/11 Bombshell: WTC7 Security Official Details Explosions Inside Building
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...7interview.htm
(includes audio clip of interview)

Note: these explosions occur before WTC1&2 fell.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:27 PM

ZEITGEIST, The Movie - Official Release - Full Film

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81422995115331
(1h56m)

Enjoy.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 PM

watched the whole movie, pretty deep, nothing too special, you really have to think for yourself here..
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 AM

I have studied the film. Thank you for the link. There is a really good explanation of the solar cycle in the first part of the film. I was bothered, however, by the assertion that Horus was crucified. Anyone who has a classical education (that would be me) knows the myths about the various Gods of the ancient world and I was bothered because I could remember nothing about Horus and crucifiction.

So, I looked it up.

I found this link discussing the similarities between Christianity and the Horus cult.

Posts about Horus/Osiris/Jesus

[ QUOTE ]
-He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and ressurrected.
No mention of Horus death is found in the texts and crucifiction was not practiced by the Egyptians. They turned their dead into mummies and made rituals to help the soul transmigrate to the Netherworld where it would go to be judged by the "King of the Dead" Osiris.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the story of Horus. See also the features on this site about Isis, Set, and Osiris.

There are very few similarities between the Horus story and Jesus. The producers of this film got this completely and utterly and totally wrong. There is no validity to the rest of the film judging from the validity of the assertions in the first part of the film.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Just because one assertion remained unbacked, doesn't mean other assertions are wrong.

Besides, the whole point of the movie is to make you thing for yourself and start questioning things. So in that regards, it seems you have taken it up.

I suggest you take the Horus matter up with the makers. They have supplied some more information and contact-info on their website http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ .

I just found the following:
[ QUOTE ]
It's important to point out that there is a tendency to simply disbelieve things that are counter to our understanding, without the necessary research performed. For example, some information contained in Part 1 and Part 3, specifically, is not obtained by simple keyword searches on the Internet. You have to dig deeper. For instance, very often people who look up "Horus" or "The Federal Reserve" on the Internet draw their conclusions from very general or biased sources. Online encyclopedias or text book Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist. However, if one takes the time to read the sources provided, they will find that what is being presented is based on documented evidence. Any corrections, clarifications & further points regarding the film are found on the Clarifications page.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/statement.htm

The movie now has 456K views. Pretty awesome.

I'm downloading the DVD version from [censored].
Old 07-17-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have studied the film. Thank you for the link. There is a really good explanation of the solar cycle in the first part of the film. I was bothered, however, by the assertion that Horus was crucified. Anyone who has a classical education (that would be me) knows the myths about the various Gods of the ancient world and I was bothered because I could remember nothing about Horus and crucifiction.

So, I looked it up.

I found this link discussing the similarities between Christianity and the Horus cult.

Posts about Horus/Osiris/Jesus

[ QUOTE ]
-He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and ressurrected.
No mention of Horus death is found in the texts and crucifiction was not practiced by the Egyptians. They turned their dead into mummies and made rituals to help the soul transmigrate to the Netherworld where it would go to be judged by the "King of the Dead" Osiris.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the story of Horus. See also the features on this site about Isis, Set, and Osiris.

There are very few similarities between the Horus story and Jesus. The producers of this film got this completely and utterly and totally wrong. There is no validity to the rest of the film judging from the validity of the assertions in the first part of the film.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interview of the author on radio:
http://truthorlies.org/06-28-07-Hour-2.mp3

He addresses the objections you make in the first 10 minutes.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 PM

Yes,
Centuries of Eygptology dating back before Napoleon are all wrong and one single solitary book that says Horus was crucified is right. That's what they cite. If Zarhi Hawass was their source, I might pay attention. But one book? Will you listen to yourself, man?