Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Default help a clueless guy about paying for dates

ok first off i'm not some kind of an a$$hole. i'll pay for the first date and usually the 2nd too. but if the woman hasn't even offered to pay for anything by the 3rd date, do you just drop them outright? or do you somehow bring it up in conversation? if so, how do you bring it up? like i said i'm clueless and retarded so i'm gonna get that right out of the way.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: help a clueless guy about paying for dates

All girls should at least make an offer on date 1 and 2.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but if the woman hasn't even offered to pay for anything by the 3rd date, do you just drop them outright?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, although I'm pretty worried after a second date that there wasn't even an offer to pay half.

[ QUOTE ]
or do you somehow bring it up in conversation? if so, how do you bring it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you could, but you'd probably look like a total tool to the chick and you're forcing her to do it, not her wanting to do it. So she's still not a keeper in that department.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that any girl should at least make an attempt to offer on date 1 or 2. If they end up recognizing your paying for the first date with some sort of thank or showing of gratitude, then I would like to see them offer something towards the second date. This is not to say I would necessarily accept their offer, but I think it shows a lot about the person.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that any girl should at least make an attempt to offer on date 1 or 2. If they end up recognizing your paying for the first date with some sort of thank or showing of gratitude, then I would like to see them offer something towards the second date. This is not to say I would necessarily accept their offer, but I think it shows a lot about the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, usually when i go out with someone the typical line is they'll offer to pay for their half of dinner on the 1st (or 2nd) date, and I'll say no, they'll insist, and then I'll say 'no, you can get <coffee or ice cream or whatever> later', and that usually works out ok. i've never been out with a girl like this who hasn't even offered, or even said 'thanks for dinner'. the other thing is this girl is sort of young (20) and from what i can tell doesn't have a lot of dating history so maybe she's clueless herself. probably not though, she's just looking for free stuff.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not to say I would necessarily accept their offer, but I think it shows a lot about the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to though, or else this is setting precedent that you'll pay for everything.

My roomie has been seeing this chick for over a year now. He's wifed up and they are sure to get married down the road here at some point. He makes decent money (around $50k) yet has ZERO savings. I asked him how he doesn't have any savings, when I make half of what he does and have been able to save 10k over the last year. He told me he has always paid for everything when it comes to him and her and that's why he has no savings. He's a pussy though so this doesn't surprise me.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:22 PM

How about this? I'm not actually sure if this is a good idea, but what if you "accidentally" forgot your wallet or something next date. Ask her to cover and see if she expects you to pay her back. Actually this probably isn't a good idea, but it might give you a hint.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about this? I'm not actually sure if this is a good idea, but what if you "accidentally" forgot your wallet or something next date. Ask her to cover and see if she expects you to pay her back. Actually this probably isn't a good idea, but it might give you a hint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, no hint is needed. If she's not offering, she's not worth keeping. She knows damn well what she is doing by not offering. Throw her back in pool.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, no hint is needed. If she's not offering, she's not worth keeping. She knows damn well what she is doing by not offering. Throw her back in pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

that brings up another question though. say this girl calls back and says, 'hey i had fun on friday, do you want to go out again?' what do you say? 'no, because you're a freeloading whore'?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:36 PM

Saying that you'd drop this ho if she doesn't offer to pay sounds really nice, but what if you really want to bang her?