Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 PM

Default NL25 - Speculation preflop leads to this.....

Preflop raiser is 28/14 over a small sample and i have been trying to see more flops in position against these type of players. Is this is bad hand to try this sort of thing with?

PokerStars $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em - 8 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Button: $78.75
SB: $11.90
BB: $37.10
UTG: $29.80
UTG+1: $26.90
MP1: $13.00
MP2: $24.30
CO: $52.15

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.75</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.75, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

<font color="blue"> I dont put the OR on an overpair due to his raise size preflop. He raised TT to 4x once before this IIRC. I am obviously happy to see an overcall since this makes pot the bigger and the blinds usually dont slowplay or make too many moves (esp in multiway pots) so i dont mind building the pot this way </font>

Flop: ($2.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="blue"> I was going to raise most cbets and now i gained a flush draw. Looks like a good a spot to semi bluff as any. Does anyone disagree? How is my raise size? </font>

BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 bets $6</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $17.75</font>, UTG+1 calls $11.75.

<font color="blue"> To be honest i wasnt sure what to put him on at this point. That is probably my biggest flaw. I raised again here because i improved my draw and his bet just didnt feel right. He bet fast and 6$ isn't a very big bet into this pot. Standard? Spew due to the strength i have shown on the flop? Should i just stick it in here? Fold it? I get so lost sometimes. </font>

River: ($47.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)
<font color="#FF0000">UTG+1 bets $0.25</font>

<font color="blue"> Thats a cute [censored] bet. Will he ever fold to a shove i have a like 3$ left? Do i just call and make a note/ hope my pair is good/ vomit @ missing? How often would the pair have to be good to be +ev =) </font>

Final Pot: $47.85 </font>