Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rutgers 7-0
1 3 21.43%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 3 21.43%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Poll: Most / Least like-able players at the WSOP FT

I don't see how anyone can dislike Rhame. He was like the stereotypical perfect grandfather type from every movie with one of those in it.

Least I picked Yang, but mostly because I dislike all religious people, and hate all absurdly religious people.

I also didn't like Helm, or whoever that guy was with the stare. What was he looking for? Did he think he could actually read people? Get real pal.

I liked that english guy, seemed like a nice, easy going dude.

I liked the russian guy, he was the only one who didn't have a stupid celebration inbetween hands.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 AM

i liked yang. nobody else tells people he'll be their friend for life after he busts them. how can you hate that?
it's called etiquette and i think khan could have taken a few lessons from him.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 AM

I dislike Yang mostly out of principle and my own preconceived notiones. Fact is, I prefer Gold's actual personality (what a lot of people here consider "doucheness") way more.
That being said, I can't help but think that he himself said that he was looking for psychological weakness and wanting to apply pressure, and while a lot of his playing may seem completely donktastic in terms of actual poker theory, his pressure-hammer was spot on to the point that I'm pretty sure Watkinson & more importantly Hilm self-destructed as a direct consecuence of it.
Also, it's clear he was in a 9th or 1st place mode, which is respectable. The only one who actually seemed to want to fight for control of the table was Hilm.
And I think I'm going to give Yang a get out of jail free card just because he actually ended up being not-the-craziest jesus-freak on the broadcast. Watkinson's fiancé was completely insane. I can understand for someone like Yang (amateur player, qualified through last satelite, poor tragic background) to go all insane when he's playing the final table, but what the hell, was Watkinson's wife already spending the money or what?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Didn't really dislike any of the final table players, and i did actually grow to like Hevad so far as to have his antics downloaded to my mobile (cell). But I did vote for Jerry Yang, don't dislike him really, but as most people are saying, his constant praying was tedious (But it bloody worked for him....where are those rosary beads, im due for a sit n' go in a bit!). It appears Jerry has had a harder life than most in the ESPN interview he did, and he promised to give 10% to charity so good luck to the bloke (oh, he already got that!)
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Least I picked Yang, but mostly because I dislike all religious people, and hate all absurdly religious people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Nice...,a hateful blanket assessment of a group based on prejudicial stereotypes. Apparently the libertarian tone of your posts in the political section doesn't lend itself to tolerance.

That whole "don't need God" thing to compensate for your social and intellectual insecurity is so played. Okay, we get it, you're an emotional and mental badass. Duly Noted.
You hate anyone who disagrees with that. Also duly noted.

I think Billy Joel is a no-talent, semi-literate buffoon. But I don't despise his fans because of it.

For you, however, I'm willing to make an exception.

Just saying.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i did actually grow to like Hevad so far as to have his antics downloaded to my mobile (cell).

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere out there, there is a support group for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM

do people really not see that there is something inherently wrong and possibly even un-christian about praying to god to intervene and give you a holy advantage over your opponents at a poker table?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to respond to all of this (because I'm probably wrong), but I don't really think it's that shallow
to "dislike" Yang because I think he's a little weird (I suppose shallow is actually exactly what it is, but I think you get my point... maybe, if I have a point, not sure really).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...at least, I HOPE that was meant to be humorous...

Maybe you need to write more...you know, with big words 'n' stuff...

Make them believers, keyser...show them your power...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do people really not see that there is something inherently wrong and possibly even un-christian about praying to god to intervene and give you a holy advantage over your opponents at a poker table?

[/ QUOTE ]it's not necessarily UN-christian, but it's not standard either. yang and the railbird fiance were probably just caught up in the moment and didn't bother to think about how it appeared. we all like to think we'll be as cool as allen cunningham when the cameras start rolling. that's unrealistic.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Nice...,a hateful blanket assessment of a group based on prejudicial stereotypes. Apparently the libertarian tone of your posts in the political section doesn't lend itself to tolerance.

That whole "don't need God" thing to compensate for your social and intellectual insecurity is so played. Okay, we get it, you're an emotional and mental badass. Duly Noted.
You hate anyone who disagrees with that. Also duly noted.

I think Billy Joel is a no-talent, semi-literate buffoon. But I don't despise his fans because of it.

For you, however, I'm willing to make an exception.

Just saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff.

In any case, I tolerate them. You don't see me out killing religious people (unlike the people I hate, I don't support forcing my beliefs on others). But I don't respect them. And thank you for noticing how badass I am, I've been waiting for someone to comment on that all my life.