Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: PS deposit problem...do I have a play here?

Well, I never really check that email, maybe once a week, it is basically just a poker only email account. The deposits to my account happened around July 27th and I just got the email about this whole mess yesterday. I hope they will somehow see the light and realize that not closing my account is actually an investment because of my tournament fees, but they probably wont.
I am, however, 6-0 on full tilt playing heads up...maybe this will be the best thing to ever happen to me. haha
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 AM

Oh, and I'd also like to say that before this mess, I have had 0 complaints with stars supports, they handle every problem and tough situation admirably.
too bad it had to end this way.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:55 AM

what I'm trying to say though is that they say they sent you the first email telling you that there was a mistake, but you had already spent the money etc etc.
The second email from Carlos SEEMS to imply that they sent the email well BEFORE you lost the money.

My questions are;

1. How long before/after the 2nd deposit (error) was made did you receive in your inbox the 1st email from stars to make you aware of this.

2. Had you already lost all the money when the email arrived.

What I am trying to say is, if it has taken them a relatively long time to notice this mistake and notify you, how can they say that YOU should have noticed when they didn't.

As you say, I doubt it would help, but if you really like playing on stars, it might be worth a go.

Best of luck to you dude, FWIW, this really sux.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Make sure you let us know when M G sends the $800.00 you owe them, assuming P S doesn't pay, to a collection agency. It's just like you go to an ATM and it spurts out more money than you requested. If you don't pay the ATM co. the extra they will come after you.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Ok let's look at this situation from a "real world" perspective. What would your bank do if they accidentally deposited money into your account and you spent it all? You think any excuse in the world would convince them not to make you repay it? Bottom line is everyone agrees it was not your money to spend. Regardless of the circumstances its up to you to make sure the activity in your account reflects what you actually did deposit and spend. This is why people reconcile their bank accounts. If the bank or Stars accidentally TOOK an extra $800.00 from your account you sure as hell would make them give it back. It works both ways my friend.

Fine, a processor error was made and you were mistakingly given $800.00 extra dollars. That does not give you the right to spend that money when you full well know its not yours (even if its after the fact). Besides that's a large enough sum that anybody who is paying half attention would have noticed no matter what big win you made.

Please just do the right thing and pay the money back.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 PM

Anybody intelligent think that Stars did something wrong here?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Kyle Stars did do something wrong here. They let this jacktard OP open in account in the first place.

OP if you really think you don't owe them $800 then you deserve what you get. Don't be surprised if a collection agency comes after you 6 months from now. And to you people that will be like" but its a gambling debt which can't be collected in the US", well have fun when they ruin your credit score over this which they can do.

-Brendan
Old 08-11-2007, 12:11 AM

I have no problem paying it, but if I do have to end up paying it, I will no longer play there, as I feel they made the mistake, but yes, I do understand both sides...

And moneygram collection wouldn't be coming after me, they'd be coming after pokerstars...good try though, brendan
Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem paying it, but if I do have to end up paying it, I will no longer play there, as I feel they made the mistake, but yes, I do understand both sides...

And moneygram collection wouldn't be coming after me, they'd be coming after pokerstars...good try though, brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

The bold sums up how damn stupid the OP truly is.

I never said Moneygram will come after you. And exactly why would Moneygram be going after Pokerstars Einstein?

PS got $800 from MG, but mistakenly gave you $1600 to play with. This is between you and PS you donkey.

Again when PS passes your info off to a Collection Agency for probably pennies on the dollar because you are an ass and won't make good on what you owe I hope you enjoy the hell you will go through with your credit history and score. You will deserve every bit of it too.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Again mistakes like this happen daily and are then fixed. PS didn't hesitate to close your account because they are reading these forums and know you don't plan to pay them. You won't be missed by PokerStars. You can sit and spin on your dollars of rake a day you generate grinding $25 NL or whatever.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:24 AM

what a bunch of wankers calling people names when the OP got up here to open up a discussion and get several views regarding his situation...

IMO:
From what I can see the mistake was on mg's site not on ps...
If ps has an agreement with mg to give back mistakenly processed transfers then its their problem to do so...I can assure you that if you had 800 in your account when ps found out they would have taken it without even you having a say...something similar happened to me...

Now lets get the facts...
you prefer playing on ps but would not do so if you had to give back 800...
Ps is on the loosing site both ways here...hence I would suggest..
You should calculate your losses and benefits on whether you should keep playing on stars or not...as you said OP you play a descent amount of hands and I believe in the long run you would gain much more than 800 by keeping your play on stars + you prefer their software etc, than any other site...

IMO you should contact stars and have a deal with them...as it was clearly not your mistake...you didnt steal someones money and played with them...and were unaware of the fact that happened...hence you were gambling with your money to your knowledge...

Now the deal should be somewhere along the lines i'll give you $400(ps) and you clear off my debt...if you believe OP that is going to be of your benefit in the future... IMO PS or any "bank" if you want to refer to that will gladly accept what you have to offer as they are allready writing off their books the $800 you allready gambled on their site...hence they will minimise their losses to $400 and keep a good customer still playing on their site...

On the other hand....MG collection or PS collection would never come after you for $800 as its will not be worth their troubles...

So...do you make $800 and never play on stars?...or give back some and possibly clear you concience and keep playing where you prefer to?...

its up to you...gl