Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 3-bet.net coaches

maybe the reason they email them to you instead of listing them was because they wanted them private? Just a thought ;;
Old 07-22-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe the reason they email them to you instead of listing them was because they wanted them private? Just a thought ;;

[/ QUOTE ]

They are a business that charges for services. I'm not sure how keeping the rates 'private' is a reasonable request, given that obv players want to get the best value for their money???

Mark
Old 07-22-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unreasonable. If im a consumer of anything, i have the right to compare and contrast, and encourage competitive pricing. And im sure krantz is prob thrilled that we are even having this discussion.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:39 PM

how does the website make money? How does the website make money if acemanhattan just posted the ways to contact the coaches with their fee in this thread?

I mean I dunno, maybe krantz doesn't care, but it seems like he specifically didn't list prices or contact on the website for a reason.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how does the website make money? How does the website make money if acemanhattan just posted the ways to contact the coaches with their fee in this thread?

I mean I dunno, maybe krantz doesn't care, but it seems like he specifically didn't list prices or contact on the website for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he didn't, but the website makes money off each coach. Its a business, its set up as a business. I understand if the coaches don't want their rates public for whatever reasons, but as consumers of a product, we have a right to know/discuss regardless of what the provider prefers.

Mark
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM

have players like AJFenix and cero_z been taken off the list? thought they were good poker minds.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"stan, seemed like pretty much everywhere dude, if i went and pointed out your bad advice i'd have to charge you 350/hr sorry gg dude" aejones

[/ QUOTE ]

yea right now i'm looking at charging 300 to 350 an hr, it's hard to charge less than your hourly rate but as long as it's in the 50-75% range of your hourly and variance free, coaching is a good outlet.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:36 PM

mods sorry if this isn't kosher, but since several people are spamming themselves anyway, i'm going to also. i'm thinking of starting to do a little coaching myself if anyone's interested. i can provide some sample material that i've written for people as proof that i'm good at explaining my thought process well and generally know what i'm talking about. i've also been coached in lhe and/or nlhe for the better part of the last 3 years and coached lhe myself at one point, so i know various methods and know what works and what doesn't.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of the coaches are good friends with krantz and wouldnt dick him over like that.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of the coaches are good friends with krantz and wouldnt dick him over like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
For me, this is the answer. I had more students than I could handle before 3-bet was ever set up. I joined 3-bet because I'm friends with Jay and I thought it was a cool idea, so I was willing to take a bit of a paycut to be part of something fun. So far, it's worked out well, IMO, for Jay, coaches, and students - with some obvious exceptions.

I agree with the assessment that some coaches are better value than others. Also, some coaches will work better for some students than others. But everyone on this list, even yves, is a winning MSNL player who thinks well about the game and can help SSNL/beginning MSNL players become winners, or bigger winners. Feel free to PM me with more specific questions.