Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Official 24 4/2 bitch thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Change locations...NYC,Chicago, Europe etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but its impossible.

LA is perfect because it takes 9 months to shoot a season and the weather is almost always perfect so doing a show like 24 only works here. Couldnt do that in Chicago or NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not an entire season, but just have some scenes in a couple episodes of CTU NYC or something. Change things up at least a little bit.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LA is perfect because it takes 9 months to shoot a season and the weather is almost always perfect so doing a show like 24 only works here. Couldnt do that in Chicago or NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really impossible, but they would have to change the theme of the show quite dramatically. I was having this conversation with my wife last night, who is a huge 24 fan, and said "This show really sucks. Like hard". Coming from her, who doesn't criticize anyone, tells me something.

She brought up an interesting point: what if they changed the theme to 24 days, rather than 24 hours? Think about the possibilites. Could have different cities, could expand the characters, could have more storylines. An example:

We all "know" that Audrey is not dead. What if next season Jack finds out that Audrey is still alive, but her life is being used as a pawn for some devious purpose (leverage against the US Gov't). If the US Gov't does not comply, she will be executed in 24 days. She is squirred around the world by the Chinese/Russians/Austrailians/whoever to different cites to keep the pursuers (i.e. Jack) off her trail.

Jack has 24 days to save her and the world.

I think that would be kind of cool. But, I'm not a writer or producer, and have no idea how difficult or costly it would be to implement such a storyline.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Change locations...NYC,Chicago, Europe etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not an entire season, but just have some scenes in a couple episodes of CTU NYC or something. Change things up at least a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its way too late for that. The concept of the show is just played out. Theres only so much action you can pack into ~20 hours of TV without recycling ideas or using incredibly unrealistic plotlines.

RIP 24
2001 - 2006
Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 AM

All,

Due to the start of baseball season and the NCAA championship last night, I was able to avoid watching 24 for the first time ever. I have it Tivo'd, but after reading this thread, I think I actually have the strength to delete it and never look back. This is a very exciting development.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Due to the start of baseball season and the NCAA championship last night, I was able to avoid watching 24 for the first time ever. I have it Tivo'd, but after reading this thread, I think I actually have the strength to delete it and never look back. This is a very exciting development.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the first half of the game to watch this episode. Really sad considering the first four hours of this season were pretty entertaining.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: 24 4/2

After reading this I am glad I stopped watching this year. I watched the 1st show this year. That was enough for me. I was done with it. I think my wife cried she was so happy I stopped watching it. I was getting pissed last year.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 AM

I stopped watching a month~ ago, I made the right decision it seems. I'll not watch this [censored] series ever again, [censored] terrorism [censored], I can't stand it anymore and all that political [censored] WTFFFFFFFFF. So lame.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM

<Insert brag about how awesome I am for having stopped watching.>

Yeah, I still watch it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: 24 4/2

From an old interview I read, they actually had a plan of season 2 being the same main actors, but as a prequel or as different charecters entirely. That might have been interesting.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 PM

This episode was horrible, I think we all agree on that. I did, however, think that the twist at the end was pretty good. Mainly b/c I didn't see it coming. I don't know what they're doing with the show. I feel obligated to see this season through to the end, but no more after this.