Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hotel?
MC 12 48.00%
Harrah's 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Official 24 4/2 bitch thread

I agree Charlie. What is left for the show to do? We've had nukes go off twice, a hotel get hit with a bioweapon, one/two/three presidents/former presidents get killed, two 25th amendments, Jack's died twice so far, and almost everyone from season 1 is dead.

I think they just need to kill Jack off and go a new route with the show. I can't believe I said that.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 AM

They could try using Jack in the show again
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They could try using Jack in the show again

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 AM

Only possible solution to having ne more good season

1. Change locations...NYC,Chicago, Europe etc etc..be way more expensive but whatever...LA is offically done. You can only f it up so many times...its become the County hospital on ER..getting blown up/shot at/etc every season.

2. Hire good actors for the supporting roles...i.e an Ed Harris, David Morse, William Sandler, Nicholas Lea.

3. Stop with the cheesy mid west sterotypical middle eastern terrorist. Do something original and create a interesting character(given the ideological/political nature of the creators I doubt this would happen).

4. Enough with the melrose place in the white house.

5. Jack needs to be killed or do something s [censored] up(that he can't tell the truth about) that it totally makes him an outcast/black sheep etc.

6. Jack needs a real arch enemey ala Nina Meyers etc.

7. No more lame interrogation scenes, unless its vampire Jack good, we get it...terrorists bad...must feel lots of pain blah blah blah, no more moles in CTU.

8. blow up CTU...everyone dies..even Chloe.

9. If all else fails...add Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller to the cast and make it a comedy
Old 04-03-2007, 03:54 AM

god this show sucks so bad it's unbelievable

too bad i'll keep watching
Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only possible solution to having ne more good season

1. Change locations...NYC,Chicago, Europe etc etc..be way more expensive but whatever...LA is offically done. You can only f it up so many times...its become the County hospital on ER..getting blown up/shot at/etc every season.

2. Hire good actors for the supporting roles...i.e an Ed Harris, David Morse, William Sandler, Nicholas Lea.

3. Stop with the cheesy mid west sterotypical middle eastern terrorist. Do something original and create a interesting character(given the ideological/political nature of the creators I doubt this would happen).

4. Enough with the melrose place in the white house.

5. Jack needs to be killed or do something s [censored] up(that he can't tell the truth about) that it totally makes him an outcast/black sheep etc.

6. Jack needs a real arch enemey ala Nina Meyers etc.

7. No more lame interrogation scenes, unless its vampire Jack good, we get it...terrorists bad...must feel lots of pain blah blah blah, no more moles in CTU.

8. blow up CTU...everyone dies..even Chloe.

9. If all else fails...add Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller to the cast and make it a comedy

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed with all of this Charlie, but they've done most of this stuff before too:

1. Agreed - LA would not be the main point of a terrorist attack if it were to really happen, so they should get over this.

EDIT - they were also in Mexico in Season 3 too, FWIW.

2. I thought they tried to do it this year with Cromwell. He's not a big time movie star, but he's widely recognized and a decent actor. It's tough finding big time actors that want to do tv.

3. The terrorist in Season 3 with the biological weapons was British if I remember right. Salazars were Mexican. I kind of liked that season though when there was more than 1 focus instead of the same villain that got caught multiple times and then escaped in an unrealistic situation where the "perimeter locked down" doesn't mean it was really locked down.

4. Totally agreed. This political stuff is annoying.

5. He was doing heroin in season 3. I dunno if this qualifies with your line of thinking.

6. Nina Myers was great with all of that, but it's tough for him to find an enemy again .

7. I like the interrogation scenes and when Jack tortures dudes, it's one of the watchable moments of the show.

8. CTU was blown up in season 2, albeit only a few died including the chick from Roseanne.

9. Ferrell would be phenomenal as a goof. Rudy on the cast last year gave some kind of comic relief.

Just my thoughts though. I loved the show back in the day. I used to get so excited for 24 as it was my favorite show on TV. Then it became my favorite Monday show last year as it was tailing off and Lost was picking up. Now it's not even my favorite Monday show as Heroes just kicks ass. They need to just kill Jack at the end of the season and call it a successful series lasting 6 years with an innovative idea.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 AM

lol no one in this thread is gonna not watch it next week or any subsequent week
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Change locations...NYC,Chicago, Europe etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but its impossible.

LA is perfect because it takes 9 months to shoot a season and the weather is almost always perfect so doing a show like 24 only works here. Couldnt do that in Chicago or NYC.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 AM

There would still be a few options, I think. Maybe Miami, Houston, Atlanta or heck, Vegas.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There would still be a few options, I think. Maybe Miami, Houston, Atlanta or heck, Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Miami would be a great choice. Maybe Jack could find some time in the day to hunt and kill David Caruso.