FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: $1000 NLH A/C Drawing Hand

raiser bigger on flop call turn
Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 AM

Push. You can represent set. You have good fold equity and great number of outs if you get called by overpair.

I feel that villain just wants to block and leave room to make laydown. I think he has either overpair or higher flush draw.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Pushing looks good since none of your outs are hidden at all.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 AM

I do not think we are folding here getting 3.4:1. I also think raising any amt other than all in is wrong. 2 options at this point:

Call: Calling is good if you think you are going to get paid on the river or if you think you have some bluff equity based on the river card. Is the villian able to fold JJ-99 on the river if a scare card falls? Is the villian going to put more money in the pot if an 8,6, or diamond falls?

I think based on the reads and the villians turn bet that he puts you some type of draw. If he is able to fold his hand which I suspect is JJ-99 to a scare card our implied odds are not good enough to call. However, you increase your equity for calling if you think that the villian will go with his read and call a turn shove, but may fold on the river to good bluff. There really is not good river for him in this situation and the delayed bluff could work very well.

Push: Based on your description I think that pushing could get him off his hand and rep a set or 2 pr. Obv if he calls your still in good shape.

As far as maximizing value I would call here and bet/bluff almost any river card. There are so few river cards that improve his hand in this situation, I reall think that if you hit you may or may not get paid, but your fold equity in this hand is actually greater on the river than the turn.

J