Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly have an issue with alcohol and am currently addressing it( have been to rehab and am currently involved with AA). This is not an excuse but it sheds light on the greater problem. We could have a whole other debate on whether Prison is a positive solution for people and society as a whole.

I will also probably lose my license for like 5 years for all you in favor of heavy punishment
Old 11-25-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I have a friend in North Carolina who was punished severely after one DUI. Fines, alcohol awareness classes, community service and the breathlyzer device on his car for one year. A very tough sentence for first offense imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have 3

[/ QUOTE ]

This scares me because one of my best friends got his 3rd one in May and is still in the process of dealing with all the legal proceedings.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have 3, two being aggravated. I'm only 20 though so i guess it's not the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're such a f-up at 20 it more likely the begining, not the end.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Jesus that sucks hard, man.

Going to prison is not something to be taken lightly, and it's definitely not something to joke about.

My understanding (from running with a pretty rough crowd for a damned long time) is that it all depends where you're doing your time. Don't listen to all these guys giving you advice based on watching Oz reruns.

Good luck.

And when you get out, learn to take a freakin cab. It's better for everyone, obviously.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that it all depends where you're doing your time

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a book at your local library detailing what to expect (in general). "Behind bars: Surviving Prison" by Jefferey Ian Ross & Stephen C. Richards. It describes what you can expect at the defferent security levels. The hard core brutality happens at maximum security federal prisons. I think the authors say that the lower level security prisons aren't nearly as bad. The book will fill you in on prison etiquette for jail, labor camps, state prison vs. federal prison, etc...

Good luck.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

There was a great ask me thread about a poster who did some time in some serious jails. Can't remember the posters name though, but if somebody else links it I think you should read it.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM

it was myturn2raise
Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was myturn2raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it.