Yes (Stupid, but legit) 3 50.00%
No (Save the idiot from himself) 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Likelihood of undefeated Pats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thremp,

how dumb are you if the bolded statement doesn't shed any light on anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he was trying to say was that 2 bye weeks would be better than one if they want to win a superbowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically yes. Even if nothing more than resting starters with nagging injuries its silly to say he's gonna go "all out".
Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thremp,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he was trying to say was that 2 bye weeks would be better than one if they want to win a superbowl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is Tim McCarver posting on your account?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is Tim McCarver posting on your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn him, he haxxors me at least once a month. But, there is an advantage to allow players to relax late during a long season. No player in the NFL is 100% in week 9 (well maybe Chris Henry and Tank Johnson). I think they have to play at least a bit though, if they made the superbowl you are talking about "playing" 3 games in 6 weeks.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thremp,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically yes. Even if nothing more than resting starters with nagging injuries its silly to say he's gonna go "all out".

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're 15-0, they're going to have a new priority. They're going to want to win the Super Bowl with a 19-0 record. Belichick and the Patriots players aren't going to ignore an extraordinary chance to make NFL history (especially Belichick). They've already got three Super Bowl rings. While, winning a fourth is definitley the primary goal this season, they aren't going to pass up the opportunity for something far more significant.

I made a post earlier in this thread which describes some games from previous season where Belichick played his starters late in the final game of the season instead of resting them.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 PM

I don't see any reason to believe they cannot do this. There is one team in the NFL that even comes close to being as good as them, and they just beat that team today. I really hope they do it. It would be a great story.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Slight hijack, but it looks to me that if Buffalo somehow loses to Miami, NE will play Buffalo in Week 11 (game 10) for a chance to clinch, since a win puts NE at 10-0 and Buffalo at 4-6 with both wins to NE. I assume that'd be a record, to clinch with 38% of a season still remaining.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slight hijack, but it looks to me that if Buffalo somehow loses to Miami, NE will play Buffalo in Week 11 (game 10) for a chance to clinch, since a win puts NE at 10-0 and Buffalo at 4-6 with both wins to NE. I assume that'd be a record, to clinch with 38% of a season still remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jets and Dolphins have already been eliminated from winning the division.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NYJ - 80% to win
MIA - 90% to win

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing on the minds of Jets & Dolphins players come game time will be dislocating/breaking fingers and rupturing nut sacks of any NE player on the field. Forced fumbles & pileups will be the MO for the day against Pats. These two games could get especially ugly (for Pats, that is).

80%-90% for Pats to win? LOLOL...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thremp,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're 15-0, they're going to have a new priority. They're going to want to win the Super Bowl with a 19-0 record. Belichick and the Patriots players aren't going to ignore an extraordinary chance to make NFL history (especially Belichick). They've already got three Super Bowl rings. While, winning a fourth is definitley the primary goal this season, they aren't going to pass up the opportunity for something far more significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree thremp is being a nit. Yah they'll be more likely to sit 50/50 "gametime decision" type injuries but the likelyhood of having a significant # of those in a given week pertaining to key players is pretty low. Starters who have some nicks who would normally be listed as "probable" are going to play 60 minutes if the game is competetive.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 PM

Macguy,

I think that is absurd. To even think they'll come close to playing this like a playoff game or even a regular season game is asinine.