Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Tomorrow is my last day at my job.

Well, actually I'm leaving for a different similar job, but still the last day with this company.

It was a very good job, and they hired me with no expereience so I'm being mostly polite about everything. The only cool thing I did was not show up today, but then call the payroll lady to demand that my check be ready tomorrow instead of waiting for it to come in the mail at the end of the payroll period.

Any good end of job stories, some college folk must have quit summer jobs in spectacular fashion.

Ken
Old 08-28-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Tomorrow is my last day at my job.

Step one. Cut a whole in the wall.

Step two. Put your junk in that hole.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:45 AM

I don't understand not showing up on the last day to be honest with you. Why burn them as a reference? It just seems like the thing a responsible man would do is fulfill his obligation and end things on good terms.

But yeah, I quit a job three days after getting hired one time. They were a little upset about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand not showing up on the last day to be honest with you. Why burn them as a reference? It just seems like the thing a responsible man would do is fulfill his obligation and end things on good terms.

But yeah, I quit a job three days after getting hired one time. They were a little upset about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomorrow is the last day not today. I should also be clear, I'm a social worker and am not seeing families/clients anymore, so there was no loss in productivity. Also my boss is on vacation so no one knew I didn't show up.

Plus I had to go into my new job.

Ken
Old 08-28-2007, 03:41 AM

so don't talk [censored] then
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 AM

I quit today, I tried to call but they were closed. They won't know until 8am tomorrow morning when I show up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 AM

You have to live for today, man. Embrace the waking dream we all have that is life.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 AM

I quit my job recently, worked at morgan stanley. Went in one day and just decided to leave. felt so good.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 AM

Worked at a gormet cheese/food shop in high school. Fought with the owner a lot, but when she left me alone to run the store it was fun. One night while cleaning up she was giving me [censored] about sweeping, and I had had enough, so right in front of her I crossed my name off the schedule, took my check out of the back, told her she didn't have to pay me for my work since the last check and just walked out. She was in tears because it was close to Christmas (busy time) and she needed the help. Felt soooooooo good (not making her cry, just the quitting part).
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worked at a gormet cheese/food shop in high school. Fought with the owner a lot, but when she left me alone to run the store it was fun. One night while cleaning up she was giving me [censored] about sweeping, and I had had enough, so right in front of her I crossed my name off the schedule, took my check out of the back, told her she didn't have to pay me for my work since the last check and just walked out. She was in tears because it was close to Christmas (busy time) and she needed the help. Felt soooooooo good (not making her cry, just the quitting part).

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like an A-grade [censored]. I feel sorry for the woman.

Also, is Keyra really back?