Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Celebrity real estate

I caught a rerun of this show on VH1 yesterday. It is the only episode of the series I'd seen before and is probably a year or two old. This episode featured AJ Popoff and Illeana Douglas, both who were looking at houses in the 6-8 million range. I'm kinda in disbelief as I watch this. I recognize Popoff as thr lead singer of Lit, a band who had a mildly successful album back in the late 90s. I dont remember them having another album, although I'm sure they did and it just wasnt very popular. But how does this guy have that kind of coin? They couldnt have made THAT much and what they did wouldve been spilt 4 ways.

I recognized Douglas from Six Feet Under, where she appeared in 2 episodes as the woman the fishers hired to replace Rico. I've never seen her in anything else, but she can afford an 8mm house in Hollywood? Her IMDB showed she has been in a good number of things, but nothing she'd get paid too much for.

How do these people afford such houses? Will the banks loan them as much as they want because they made a bundle on some project at one point in their lives?
Old 06-24-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Celebrity real estate

[ QUOTE ]
I recognize Popoff as thr lead singer of Lit, a band who had a mildly successful album back in the late 90s. I dont remember them having another album, although I'm sure they did and it just wasnt very popular. But how does this guy have that kind of coin? They couldnt have made THAT much and what they did wouldve been spilt 4 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think whoever gets the songwriting credit gets most of the band's cash. No?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I caught a rerun of this show on VH1 yesterday. It is the only episode of the series I'd seen before and is probably a year or two old. This episode featured AJ Popoff and Illeana Douglas, both who were looking at houses in the 6-8 million range. I'm kinda in disbelief as I watch this.recognize Popoff as thr lead singer of Lit, a band who had a mildly successful album back in the late 90s. I dont remember them having another album, although I'm sure they did and it just wasnt very popular. But how does this guy have that kind of coin? They couldnt have made THAT much and what they did wouldve been spilt 4 ways.

I recognized Douglas from Six Feet Under, where she appeared in 2 episodes as the woman the fishers hired to replace Rico. I've never seen her in anything else, but she can afford an 8mm house in Hollywood? Her IMDB showed she has been in a good number of things, but nothing she'd get paid too much for.

How do these people afford such houses? Will the banks loan them as much as they want because they made a bundle on some project at one point in their lives?

[/ QUOTE ]
dunno, maybe they bought the house a long time ago?
8mil houses were a lot less 4-5 years ago
Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 AM

Or maybe they invested a lot of their money? Or...They're gonna put a down payment, and be in debt for the rest of their lives.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or...They're gonna put a down payment, and be in debt for the rest of their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely correct answer. Just because people have nice things doesn't mean they've got money. Some of the time, they USED TO HAVE MONEY and now they have stuff. Most of the time they have nice stuff AND insurmountable mountains of debt.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 PM

alot of one hit wonder bands sell their soul by letting their songs be included on an endless barage of compilation CD's.

I know a songwriter who made a "descent" amount of money in residuals when the song originally came out... but once the song went on "Super Hits of the 90's"...

he made a mountain of money.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM

A lot of being a star in Hwood has a good deal of wh*ring to it.