Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

Try not and let your personal religious belief determine what OP does. If he wants to abort there is nothing wrong with that decision and may be the best for him. At this point is appears that it will not be his decision to make.

OP,
My advice is to get out of the loser town you are in and start new somewhere else with your girlfriend. You are a poker player so you can set up shop anywhere. From the sound of your posts the farther away from your girlfriends family the better. You will give up that "built-in baby sister" you will have if you stay but that is a small price to pay for your freedom.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Yeah, I was pretty sure that this wasn't directed @ me.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you decide to have this baby and continue to support your GF in whatever she chooses, even if that means your life takes a drastic turn, then I commend you and hold a DEEP amount of respect for you. You are truly a man.
But if you don't, and you cut and run, you are worthless and you're a pussy and I hope your balls fall off. And I guarantee you the day will come when you wish you had made the right decision. You are blessed to have the ability to bring a new life into this world, and one that carries your name. Embrace it, care for it, and show it all the love you have in you. You won't regret it. Best to you and your GF.

EDIT: Response to OP, not kyleb

[/ QUOTE ]

What about leaving the gf but supporting the child.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM

I have a hard time seeing how forcing a kid to be born in a white trash environment to parents who don't really want it, and aren't financially or emotionally able to support the kid is somehow the best thing for the kid.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand where you're coming from, and I'm not trying to skirt my responsibilities - but I am not going to get locked into a family for the rest of my life over this. It would be completely unhealthy for everyone involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are. In fact, you don't have a choice.

This is what I mean by the idea that you are acting immaturely here. The risk of sex = having an unwanted kid. Pointing to other idiots who have 3-somes and other sex activities to show that sex is fun doesn't allay the problem at hand.

You are trying to shift responsibility away and you somehow believe that you are important.

You remind me a lot of myself a few years ago. Start accepting responsibility for your actions and realize that you are not important. Then, and only then, will you start to get anywhere in life.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:47 PM

Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Dude why is everyone ripping into OP here? I'd say he's been incredibly honest and straightforward about everything and acknowledges that he might be making some douchebag moves here. Ripping into him isn't going to help anything.

FimFed,

I always told myself that if I got into this situation I'd just do whatever the girl wanted. Your post scares the hell out of me and I hope you guys can figure something out that is acceptable for both of you.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 PM

It's not hard to leave town after you have a baby. They are very portable.

Your gf can still finish college too. My wife finished her PhD after having a baby.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get married and have the baby, just don't make lame excuses.

[ QUOTE ]
it's all clear

dont have sex unless you want babies

man law?

[/ QUOTE ]

and you are a professional gambler?

You should gently argue your position, but if it's hopeless you should accept that you will have a child and from that point you should act as if that was what you always wanted. If you act that way, maybe you'll begin to feel that way as well. You may have to start being a man and that means taking on responsibility without wearing it like it's a burden.

Once you commit yourself to raising children it's not that hard anyway.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is what I mean by the idea that you are acting immaturely here. The risk of sex = having an unwanted kid. Pointing to other idiots who have 3-somes and other sex activities to show that sex is fun doesn't allay the problem at hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I AM immature - one of the many reasons I should NOT be raising a kid.

[ QUOTE ]

You are trying to shift responsibility away and you somehow believe that you are important.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wasnt trying to shift responsibility...was an example

[ QUOTE ]

Start accepting responsibility for your actions and realize that you are not important. Then, and only then, will you start to get anywhere in life.

[/ QUOTE ]
So because we accidentally got pregnant, I am now responsible for being with the girl and the child for the rest of my life? Pretty harsh consequences. The more I think about it, the more options I have. I -will not- be able to lead a happy, successful life if I am shoved into this situation. But I will not be able to live with myself if I just bail. I think separation from the GF, and support for the child is the right compromise here. I will be living up to (some of) my responsibilities and will still have the freedom to experience the world and grow...

The situation really isnt as clear cut as "stay or run" is it?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM

maybe its not your kid