Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Marian Gaborik is Sami Pahlsson's bitch right now. He (and Demitra) get zero shots on goal tonight in a home game. I read that a Minnesota newspaper is reporting that Gaborik volunteered before tonight's game to play against the Ducks #1 line as much as possible just so he could avoid Pahlsson.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate the Ducks and their love-fest with Pahlsson.... the dude is great. He deserves the Selke IMO, but Rod will probably get it. The award is turning into a "Who can score the most points while the media claims he's good on defense?" award... just as the Lady Byng is practically a points/pim award.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Big games tonight for all series' involved. Third game in a 1-1 series is always important, just ask the 'Nucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Every game in a series is important.... stop being retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand if you're still bitter about looking like a dork for ranting about "dirty" hits...

Tonight:
NJ over TB 2-1
NYI over BUF 3-2
NSH over SJ 17-1
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM

If you want to show a statistic showing teams that win game 3 in a tied series advance 90% of the time, then so be it. But to say "GAME 3 IS IMPORTANT!!!" is retarded. Every game is important, idiot.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM

I was insinuating that it gives home ice advantage to the winner, which is very important. I never said winning a game wasn't important. I thought, with your NHL-everything savviness, you might have figured that out.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Wow, tonight's games are going to be played on ICE!
Whoever wins tonight, will be closer to winning the cup!
It's going to come down to who scores more goals, that team will win!
Winning game 3 is important!

Can't wait for more retarded posts from you stating the obvious.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't know how the feed on Center Ice is, but Devils/TB is the WORST televised feed of a hockey game I have ever seen. I have seen local high school hockey broadcasts that are better than this.

It is on FSN2 here (ZAP?) in NY with the Isles coming up on FSN. NHL.com says Isles will be on VS nationally, but that isn't the case here.

It would make sense with the Isles game on VS (although we do not get VS-HD here from Cablevision) and the Devils on FSN.

Between this and some scheduling debacles, this is flat out embaressing.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM

It's the Devils announcers? Or are they on VS covering the BUF game?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM

b00t,

I think it's safe to say that cablevision just sucks period. Does that work? And FSN2? Do you mean MSG? I think MSG had some Devils games this year when the Isles were on at the same time, but I wasn't home that often to be 100% on that.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:52 PM

FSN2 is total garbage and always has been - it feels like it's being broadcast in 1986. i keep thinking i'm going to see pat verbeek and aaron broten out on the ice when they get a game.

i'd say it's a good thing the knicks are out of it meaning it will free up MSG most nights, but when the devils have brodeur giving up soft goals, doesn't look like they will last much longer than the knicks

and of course cablevision probably intentionally broadcasts fsny2 like that - i wouldn't put it past them
Old 04-16-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the Devils announcers? Or are they on VS covering the BUF game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Emrick and Chico are doin the NJ game. I have no idea who is on VS for the Isles, as it's not on VS here although there are VS ads on the boards [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Triumph/Needle:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was Cablevision's feed or the camera feed. I was wondering who catches the game on Center Ice, and if the quality is as crap as we get here.

The Knicks are coming up on MSG, so the Devils get booted to this ZAP or ch. 414. The ZAP feed is actually worse than the 414 IO channel. Rangers were treated the same way when FSN was occupied with something else.

I actually checked out Fios although it isn't on my street yet, people 2 mins away from me have it in their area.

Perks: NFL Network +HD and ESPN2HD which Cablevision doesn't provide.

Negatives: No VersusHD which is disappointing. Comcast provides it, although I think VS is affiliated with Comcast, or has some exclusive rights, which I don't really understand altogether.