Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Default How much do tools (PT, AHK Scripts, PAHud, ICM Calcs) affect ROI?

Just curious how other players think using these tools will affect ROI. Anyone have any results from before they started using these tools to how it increased after?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: How much do tools (PT, AHK Scripts, PAHud, ICM Calcs) affect ROI?

5.43%

c'mon, you know the answer. they make your game better but by how much... who knows?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:04 PM

these tools are much less useful for multitabling sngs because you should play close to the same way against most opponents. I would say it is only useful for identifying other multitablers that I will assume are standard sng style winners/beattherakebreakeven.

So I would say for me at least increase roi 1%.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Id say most people that use HUDS etc dont even know how to use them. They see the stats but they dont know even remotely the best way to play against villains with X pfr etc... I do however think it may increase the ROI of a solid multitabler, that has put in his hour to really understanding the meaning of the stats he has displaying on his HUD.

ICM calcs helps of course. Even the worst of players who play around a bit in one of these will get better.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these tools are much less useful for multitabling sngs because you should play close to the same way against most opponents. I would say it is only useful for identifying other multitablers that I will assume are standard sng style winners/beattherakebreakeven.

So I would say for me at least increase roi 1%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that it would be essential for a multitabler so we atleast can identify somewhat if that player is a maniac/lag/tag/tight weak , etc etc the best we can from the VPIP/PFR and adjust our shoves accordingly. I know if a 10/10 raises from say MP at 75/150 my shove over range changes completly if say a 39/25 or something crazy raises from MP , before i used PAHUD my general rule was to open the HH if im debatiing calling a push/shoving over and see what villians shown down. But i was also only doing 2 tables at the time and doinng 6+ i'd rather rely on what my hud stats say to make a decision than manuelly look through HH and see if villian shown down anything.