Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 PM

Default 50 nl - TPTK vs preflop raiser

I haven't played cash for a while so I apologise is this is fairly standard or I played it horribly or something.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50)
CO ($16.80)
Button ($15)
SB ($49.50)
BB ($21.50)
UTG ($57.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($12.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($32.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $18</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 50 nl - TPTK vs preflop raiser

Any reads? I usually 3bet pf. Also I'd raise this flop as it's pretty drawy. As played I'd call river since you look like you were on a draw the way you played it.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 PM

3bet preflop. Raising this flops sucks. I'd call flop and turn....not sure about river...any stats/reads?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 PM

3bet pf... calling down is ok..raise flop... if he pushes you can fold
Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 PM

It was my second round at the table so no real reads except that he didn't seem awful. I considered raising the flop but I didn't think he would call with worse and he might 3-bet with some draws which really sucks as I think I have to fold to a 3bet. This doesn't mean calling was right but it's what I was thinking at the time.

I hated the river spot after I got there like this because I had under-repped my hand but I wasn't sure how likely he was to be tripple barrelling.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 PM

why are you all so intent on raising the flop....
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Betting every street means he either has you beat with AA KK or possibly but not likely JJ.... or he has the same hand as you.... or he just has a big beanbag and bet every street with a hand like AK.

Hard to tell, but you probably could have found out if you were beat by raising the turn.

Also, some stats on the guy might tell you if he was swinging at air.

I'd more than likely fold the river as played as your are probably beat. If he has AQ or AK, fine. Give him credit where credit is due because he is certainly playing like he has AA or KK.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:45 PM

Def 3-bet pr flop, you can isolate UTG with position, decreasing the chance of callers behind you that you'll be OOP to. Hand would play way different too and you would have so much more information to put Villain on some type of range.

As played you have no clue and looks like Villain is taking you to value town. If you call the river you now will have called off 70% of your stack with TPTK which is not good. It's very unlikely that Villain is throwing out a 3rd barrel with a hand that you beat.

I'm not sure how to proceed on the river as played, this is a bad spot, I'm inclined to fold but let's see what the others say...
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you all so intent on raising the flop....

[/ QUOTE ]

For value, to find out where you stand, etc. If you get 3bet you can let it go against an unknown. If you get called he could have something like KQ, QT, etc.