Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 PM

Default poker tracker

i really want to improve my game and am considering purchasing poker tracker and hud, can anyone explain to me in simple terms what benifit these programs will have on my game
thanks in advance for taking the time to reply
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: poker tracker

Sure.

Pokertracker stores all of the hands you play, and data on all of the information on your opponents as well. You can go back and view all of the hands you've played, and separate all kinds of statistics and results for specific things. You can look at your long-term data for specific hands, positions, ranges, there's really a lot of information in there. If you want to see your results for how much money you're winning/losing with 99, 77 and 88 from the cutoff seat, that's in there.

You can also combined this with free software like pokergrapher to graph your results.

Combined with a HUD like PokerAce, you can see (in real time) quick bits of information on your opponents. Usually the most important stats are VPIP and PFR, which represent the percentage of time a plyaer voluntarily enters a pot, and the percentage of time they come in raising... which gives you a few hints as to the range of hands they may be playing.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: poker tracker

thanks man